Jeep Owners Represent!

• HTML tutorial

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

Really like the look of the Grand Cherokee! That's kind of what I'm going for. I already have the same rack and at some point will add the front brush guard. Question for you: what size gas cans and water cans do you have on the rack in the pic? I'm looking at various containers, but 50lbs of water and 40 lbs of gas seems pretty heavy to me. Maybe I'm worrying over nothing.
They are Rotopax containers. There are 2 - 2 gallon gas and 1 -4 gallon gas and then 2 - 2 gallon water packs. Here's a better shot. The GC had a 3" OME lift, BGF A/Ts and I swapped the wheels from the 18" factory limited package for the 6 spoke 17" Commander rims. It was a great vehicle and I really miss that Hemi!

Reactions: Willys_2014

cdn_xj

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Vancouver, BC, Canada
Member #

Oh, heck. I guess I'll throw my hat into the ring too. Even though I just posted this pic in the new member intro thread. lol

'99 XJ Sport. 4.0L, AW4, NP231 w/SYE, Dana 30 & ChryCo 8.25, 4.10 gears, 33 x 10.50 - 15 BFG ATs

Reactions: xKennyx and ShawnR

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Oh, heck. I guess I'll throw my hat into the ring too. Even though I just posted this pic in the new member intro thread. lol

'99 XJ Sport. 4.0L, AW4, NP231 w/SYE, Dana 30 & ChryCo 8.25, 4.10 gears, 33 x 10.50 - 15 BFG ATs
Nice looking XJ. Would like to get my hands on one someday that's still in good condition. My 07' Grand Cherokee was a piece of shit so we just traded it in for a Patriot for my wife. I'll always have my Wrangler, but would love to get my hands on a clean XJ someday to build for exploring.

xKennyx

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Great looking rig. Jealous of that 8.25. Need to get one for my XJ.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello guys, just joined today and looking forward to all the info and advice I can get off the forum and members. Here's mine a 2016 JKU-Rubicon i just picked up On April. Also going to be getting my members badge by tomorrow.

View attachment 6186View attachment 6187
Welcome to the forum. Great looking Rubi.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Thanks shawnR. And I agree with you the jeep pick up looks pretty sweet.

Reactions: ShawnR

Influencer II

Riverside,CA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Cochran
Member #

Nice looking Jeep! That's on my bucket list to do hopefully next year I'll be doing the Rubicon with the Jeep jamboree.
Thanks bud, it actually wasn't to hard. I think we kinda made it harder in our heads as the time got closer. But when I do it again we will run it to Rubicon springs then turn around. Cadillac Hill was cool but the road out from observation point was Looooooong lol.
I will tell you this, we were told to avoid old sluice and we didn't lol. But that seemed to be the hardest part due to HUGE granite holders wanting to reach out and touch our tops lol