Jeep Owners Represent!

• HTML tutorial

Weston

Rank 0

Traveler I

East tx
Here is my 05’ rubicon. It is mainly a thermal hog hunting rig but starting to get into running trails. It has a small lift and 33s, winch, bumpers, snorkel, led bars and rock lights. It is an auto and has aftermarket trans cooler, aluminum radiator, electric radiator fan, gearing swapped to 4.88, superchip, aftermarket sway bar releases and just about everything else u can put on them. My wife is not the camping type but I have 2 young boys(2&7) that will be tagging along on excursions in the future. Planning 2 trips right now. One to the ozarks in Arkansas and one with my wife to Colorado where we can run passes and stay n a cabin.

Reactions: 9Mike2

Weston

Rank 0

Traveler I

East tx
A38CADB8-6517-4651-8276-7E0766A0D122.png A38CADB8-6517-4651-8276-7E0766A0D122.png
Here is my 05’ rubicon. It is mainly a thermal hog hunting rig but starting to get into running trails. It has a small lift and 33s, winch, bumpers, snorkel, led bars and rock lights. It is an auto and has aftermarket trans cooler, aluminum radiator, electric radiator fan, gearing swapped to 4.88, superchip, aftermarket sway bar releases and just about everything else u can put on them. My wife is not the camping type but I have 2 young boys(2&7) that will be tagging along on excursions in the future. Planning 2 trips right now. One to the ozarks in Arkansas and one with my wife to Colorado where we can run passes and stay n a cabin.

Adventure Dave

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Morro Bay, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Gravender
Member #

634EE4BC-D1A7-4541-B831-4CE5D0C6B531.jpeg I picked up my first Jeep and new-to-me 2002 Wrangler Sport with the 4.0L and 30” tires in July. It’s still all stock but have lots of plans when some cash becomes available. I am picking up a Smittybilt SC Roof Rack tomorrow off of CL. I painted the fender flairs, bumpers and the chrome headlight trim to get them black again. I had to replace the front pinion seal as it was leaking. A roof top tent is in my future when I find one of those on CL. I would like to do a small lift and upgrade the tires but nothing too big.

This pic is from my first Overlander trip I did coming back to California from visiting my son that just moved to Utah. This is a back road out near the White Rock Range Wilderness. Almost hit a cow while driving through here as it is open range country. It was an awesome trip and am excited about doing more of it in my new rig.

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

View attachment 77509 I picked up my first Jeep and new-to-me 2002 Wrangler Sport with the 4.0L and 30” tires in July. It’s still all stock but have lots of plans when some cash becomes available. I am picking up a Smittybilt SC Roof Rack tomorrow off of CL. I painted the fender flairs, bumpers and the chrome headlight trim to get them black again. I had to replace the front pinion seal as it was leaking. A roof top tent is in my future when I find one of those on CL. I would like to do a small lift and upgrade the tires but nothing too big.

This pic is from my first Overlander trip I did coming back to California from visiting my son that just moved to Utah. This is a back road out near the White Rock Range Wilderness. Almost hit a cow while driving through here as it is open range country. It was an awesome trip and am excited about doing more of it in my new rig.
Nice TJ IMG_0034.JPG

Teraflex 2” spring lift with Metalcloak front lower control arms, adjustable track bar and LT265/75R16 Cooper ATPs. Similar simple concept.

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

I added some insurance yesterday. I took off a 14" light bar because it really didn't add anything to the super bright factory LED headlights. I replaced it with a pair of 55w Hella 500S Black Magic incandescent driving lights. Why? In case the LEDs freeze over in a snow storm. I had that happen in blizzard conditions in Vail Pass to my Truck Lite LEDs in my JK a few years back. The incandescent fog lights saved the day, barely. Anyway, these work as well as typical low beam incandescent headlights, so they'll serve well as a back-up.

Ta2Doc

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, KY, USA
First Name
Brady
Last Name
Robinette
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4RRX
Great thread! I just joined up and became a member. My Frankenjeep TJ8 is almost ready to roll... been working on it for better than a year now. Once she's rolling and reliable, I look forward to many miles of smiles.
~doc

Attachments