Jeep Owners Represent!

• HTML tutorial

PolarExpress

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Aliana TX
Member #

Here's my girl. She's constantly having work done to her.
Nice! I’ve got the same kind of rack, mines the Smittybilt SRC. Did you do anything to yours to quiet the creaking of the rack when you turn, go over bumps, breathe....? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
Sweet collection of Jeeps on this thread!

My Commander (currently installing a lift and tires).
5.7 Hemi with Quadra-Drive II

My XJ when it was blue:

Just did some upgrades and painted it orange:

Awesome looking XJ! What lift are you putting on the XK?

Sent from my Pixel XL using OB Talk mobile app

grover

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Silver Springs, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Grover
Member #

Awesome looking XJ! What lift are you putting on the XK?

Thanks Dana!

I'm just going with an OME HD coil springs and some 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires. I'll probably upgrade the upper control arms but we'll see. I've got so many other odds and ends I'm taking care of right now at the same time ( front diff bushings, exhaust manifold bolts (that was a pain), brakes, plugs, belt etc etc ). I'm half way though, should have it back on the road after this weekend. I love the Commander though! I plan to build bumpers for it like I did for my XJ.

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
Thanks Dana!

I'm just going with an OME HD coil springs and some 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires. I'll probably upgrade the upper control arms but we'll see. I've got so many other odds and ends I'm taking care of right now at the same time ( front diff bushings, exhaust manifold bolts (that was a pain), brakes, plugs, belt etc etc ). I'm half way though, should have it back on the road after this weekend. I love the Commander though! I plan to build bumpers for it like I did for my XJ.
Exact same lift and tires I have on mine. I'd highly recommend the JBA UCAs at the same time as the lift though. The upper ball joints are severely tweaked without them. You might want to consider a tuner as well. Without correcting the computer for oversized tires, your speedo and shift points are off by quite a bit.

I've really been wanting to buy front and rear bumpers for mine from WAM but major repairs keep getting in the way. Motor had to be replaced and trans rebuilt along with new water pump, belts, etc. Since then I've replaced the exhaust manifold gaskets/bolts on both sides. The entire front end is new including lower LCAs + UCAs, CVs, rack and pinion, bushings, joints, links, etc. I just did the diff bushings, front drive shaft CV and rear diff pinion seal too. I got all the skids installed and sliders from Steel Armadillo. After my wallet has had a chance to recover I'll try and finish building it. Really just needs bumpers, a winch and maybe snorkel to be complete. Interested to see what you come up with for bumpers though.

Last edited:

JMY303

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Denver
Member #

IMG_0346-EFFECTS.jpg Hi! First day as a member, looking forward to interacting with yall and meeting up on the trail someday. This is my first jeep, 2015 JKU not much to her yet just 2.5" Lift with 35" KO2 (future mods in progress). This pic was taken northwest of Boulder near Allenspark a couple weeks ago where my wife and I slept in the back of the rig a couple nights getting that overlanding feel for things. I've been authorized to purchase a roof top tent, so I say the outing went well!

grover

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Silver Springs, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Grover
Member #

Exact same lift and tires I have on mine. I'd highly recommend the JBA UCAs at the same time as the lift though. The upper ball joints are severely tweaked without them. You might want to consider a tuner as well. Without correcting the computer for oversized tires, your speedo and shift points are off by quite a bit.

I've really been wanting to buy front and rear bumpers for mine from WAM but major repairs keep getting in the way. Motor had to be replaced and trans rebuilt along with new water pump, belts, etc. Since then I've replaced the exhaust manifold gaskets/bolts on both sides. The entire front end is new including lower LCAs + UCAs, CVs, rack and pinion, bushings, joints, links, etc. I just did the diff bushings, front drive shaft CV and rear diff pinion seal too. I got all the skids installed and sliders from Steel Armadillo. After my wallet has had a chance to recover I'll try and finish building it. Really just needs bumpers, a winch and maybe snorkel to be complete. Interested to see what you come up with for bumpers though.

Really helpful post. This affirms a couple things. One being that I need to address the upper control arms and the other being the programmer. For the programmer I hope that someone in our Jeep club has one and can recalibrate for my tire size. I'm assuming you don't need to leave it hooked up.

Anyway, glad there are a few fellow commander owners on the site!

Dunnage Garage

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Grand Island, Nebraska
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Piercy
Member #

IMG_0482.JPG DSC_1873 - Copy.JPG Here is mine, 05 TJ sport. Custom stinger, warn winch, Cold air intake with snorkel. Rock hard rocker guards, roll cage, fuel skid. Custom steering skid, and engine/tranny skid. BDS 4.5" long arm lift with 33x12.5 15's, rear disc conversion, front electric locker, and a Rubicon locker in the dana 44 rear. Custom swing out rear bumper. Sway bar disconnects, sye and tom woods drive shaft. Bushwacker fender flare s, rubicon express track bar
Oh and 192xxx miles and counting.

Kukak

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Loveland, CO
Member #

Love the color. Didn’t know the released that one yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks great!
Appreciate it!

My wife chose the color and everybody was a bit nervous ordering a color nobody had actually seen... ordered it in January, received it in May. We are totally happy with the color. Looking forward to getting some Colorado Pin-striping on it!

Cheers!