Duncan
Member #

Reactions: PapaPaul

Jacob_S

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

Thanks. I'll have to check it out. I know it has a bad nav screen so I'll have to put in an aftermarket unit. It's got 130k miles, original owner, new radiator, water pump, and all service done at dealer with new tires for 5500

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
What lift are you looking at? I DD an 07' GC and would like to put a small lift and a little bit bigger tires on it. Just curious what your thinking about for modding the 01'.

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

What lift are you looking at? I DD an 07' GC and would like to put a small lift and a little bit bigger tires on it. Just curious what your thinking about for modding the 01'.
I'm going with Clayton offroad. It's a little pricey but it's the best kit on the market.
Also gonna be running 35s.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Reactions: PapaPaul and ShawnR

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I'm going with Clayton offroad. It's a little pricey but it's the best kit on the market.
Also gonna be running 35s.

I'm thinking 33's. I can swap the Duratracs on my Wrangler when I get the 35's for it. I'll have to take a look at Clayton offroad.

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

@Alex_Kulbaka hey! The duratracs are 265 70R17. I'm on the road with them a lot everyday due to work, so I didn't really want to go too big. I'm not lifted. I absolutely love them and haven't failed me in the winters here or mud.
Been using Dura Tracs for many years...they are awesome!!!

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Question for you Grand Cherokee guys. What are you doing with your spares? I am wanting a rear bumper and tire carrier but with wanting to keep our rigs as light as possible I am worried about the weight.

BTW here's my basically stock 99 that is getting built up. Only has 170k on the clock.

View attachment 2332
I kept the spare in the stock location on my WK. Though, that was underneath...

If you're looking to install a drawer system, maybe it could be put on hinges of some kind so that it could lift (or slide) to allow you access to your spare?

I ran the spare on the roof of my XK for a while, now it's on the bumper.

I have seen tire swing out carriers that don't require the replacement of the bumper. so that may be an option.

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Question for you Grand Cherokee guys. What are you doing with your spares? I am wanting a rear bumper and tire carrier but with wanting to keep our rigs as light as possible I am worried about the weight.

BTW here's my basically stock 99 that is getting built up. Only has 170k on the clock.

View attachment 2332
Hkoffroad.com is currently working on a rear hatch mounted design. Should be pretty cool if it passes their testing stages.

Reactions: PapaPaul and Lassen

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

They are putting 350lb force struts on each side (so 700 total lbs of force where as stock is 150 I think he said). Right now without the tire and steel he has to slam the gate by jumping up and using his full weight to bring it down. *should be easier once all the steel and the spare tire is added to it. I'm pretty interested in the idea. And he makes a kick ass front hidden winch bumper that sticks out less then a stock bumper.

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

image.jpeg image.jpeg

View attachment 2332
I built a swing out tire carrier, the mounts hide under the stock rear plastic shell. I had never welded before I started this project. The swing gate holds my tire, the license plate, license plate light, two rear auxiliary lights and a fold down table that will hold my camp stove.