Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Any of the Jeep people on here have any badges of honor? I downloaded the mobile app and checked it out online as well. The trails look pretty cool and I like that they have the difficulty level attached to them. And fortunately, not all the trails are out west. Several of them in the midwest and east. I'm thinking of trying Redbird-SRA trail #3 in Dugger, IN first. It looks like with the app you have to check in when you get to the trail head and check out when your finished? Anyway, just curious if any other Jeepers on here have used this and earned any of the badges. I doubt I'd actually put the badges on my Jeep. But it would be cool to try some of these trails. And I like that people upload their own images from the trails to give you an idea of what it looks like.
https://www.jeep.com/en/badge-of-honor/#faq

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
Never heard of it. Not really interested in the Badge of Honor, but if you want some company on the trail, I would definitely be interested in coming up there. Maybe Jordan and some of the other Indiana people would come along.

Reactions: ShawnR

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

I've seen it before, would be cool to do it, but most of the trails are quite a distance from me.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I've seen it before, would be cool to do it, but most of the trails are quite a distance from me.
Yah, they are a ways from Minnesota. There's only a few that are within reasonable distance from me. Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky and Indiana. But hey, if you ever make it down this way let me know, we'll go hit some trails and earn some badges.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Never heard of it. Not really interested in the Badge of Honor, but if you want some company on the trail, I would definitely be interested in coming up there. Maybe Jordan and some of the other Indiana people would come along.
I've got family in Green Castle so the next time I'm out that way I'll give you a shout. I've been looking at the trails and I think it'll be a good motivator for me to explore some new areas. I'm not too concerned about the actual badges either. I don't see myself pasting them all over my Jeep. But none the less, it'd be fun to try something new.

Reactions: WJ - Firefly

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
I've got family in Green Castle so the next time I'm out that way I'll give you a shout. I've been looking at the trails and I think it'll be a good motivator for me to explore some new areas. I'm not too concerned about the actual badges either. I don't see myself pasting them all over my Jeep. But none the less, it'd be fun to try something new.
I was born and raised in Greenfield. I also spent a lot of time at Monroe Res. and a lot of state parks. I have no problem driving up to IN for a day or a weekend.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I was born and raised in Greenfield. I also spent a lot of time at Monroe Res. and a lot of state parks. I have no problem driving up to IN for a day or a weekend.
I was getting you and Jordan confused. I thought you were in Indiana. Looks like Kentucky? If so, that is an incredibly beautiful state. The wife originally wanted to head to Colorado for our summer trip but I think I have her convinced to head to Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, etc. I want to explore the Appalachian mountains.

smlts176

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

I don't have any badges or a jeep for that matter. But I have done Snake, Fun Run, and Rubicon Ridge here in Arkansas. Snake is the easiest, but hill climb at end has a lot of loose rocks, use bypass or caution. Fun run can be pretty rough depending on weather and big rigs running the trail. Rubicon Ridge is the hardest, it not overly technical, but you will need lockers or some sort of traction aid. The hill climbs are iffy, and backing down a failed attempt is very dangerous. Nothing behind you but a drop off.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I don't have any badges or a jeep for that matter. But I have done Snake, Fun Run, and Rubicon Ridge here in Arkansas. Snake is the easiest, but hill climb at end has a lot of loose rocks, use bypass or caution. Fun run can be pretty rough depending on weather and big rigs running the trail. Rubicon Ridge is the hardest, it not overly technical, but you will need lockers or some sort of traction aid. The hill climbs are iffy, and backing down a failed attempt is very dangerous. Nothing behind you but a drop off.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info. That's another area I want to explore as well.

TxAgg

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

North Texas
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Williamson
Member #

We earned one for Ophir Pass outside Telluride CO in our '14 Grand Cherokee Overland. Pretty cool program. I have not seen another jeep with a badge on it in person. My 9 year old son asked me to get the badge off the jeep when we traded for our Land Cruiser. It would be cool if Toyota had a similar program.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
We earned one for Ophir Pass outside Telluride CO in our '14 Grand Cherokee Overland. Pretty cool program. I have not seen another jeep with a badge on it in person. My 9 year old son asked me to get the badge off the jeep when we traded for our Land Cruiser. It would be cool if Toyota had a similar program.
I doubt I'll put any on a Jeep. I'm thinking of putting them on a plaque in my man cave. But yah, it's a pretty cool program.

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
I doubt I'll put any on a Jeep. I'm thinking of putting them on a plaque in my man cave. But yah, it's a pretty cool program.
That is a great idea!! Then I can tell the XYL that I need a man cave to properly display them!!!

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
That is a great idea!! Then I can tell the XYL that I need a man cave to properly display them!!!
Lol. Good idea. Build a man cave around the badge of honor plaque. I'm thinking of putting an image of my current on the plaque. I also have a GC so I might have to have two plaques. Or three if I add another Jeep to the lineup.

Reactions: WJ - Firefly

überlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Kultala
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
Any of the Jeep people on here have any badges of honor? I downloaded the mobile app and checked it out online as well. The trails look pretty cool and I like that they have the difficulty level attached to them. And fortunately, not all the trails are out west. Several of them in the midwest and east. I'm thinking of trying Redbird-SRA trail #3 in Dugger, IN first. It looks like with the app you have to check in when you get to the trail head and check out when your finished? Anyway, just curious if any other Jeepers on here have used this and earned any of the badges. I doubt I'd actually put the badges on my Jeep. But it would be cool to try some of these trails. And I like that people upload their own images from the trails to give you an idea of what it looks like.
https://www.jeep.com/en/badge-of-honor/#faq
I am planning on heading up to Tennessee SOMEDAY when I get time and hit all trails possible for a Badge or Two, not many trails near me sadly, I'm with you man.