InTech RV Trailer Build

• HTML tutorial

dventoza

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Portsmouth, Virginia
Member #

Well, the wife and I were looking into purchasing a travel trailer in the 16 foot range. After we looked at a few we decided they were to big and with more amenities then we really wanted. So the search for a teardrop or expedition trailer began. After doing a few searches we realized 75% of expedition trailers were out of our price range and most teardrops were not big enough for our family of 3 and a dog. So after doing a search of a local dealer we found this:

They are made by InTech Rv out of Indiana. All aluminum tube frame, dometic fridge, 2 burner stove, stereo inside, and a Foxwing awning. The interior area is 60" wide and 98" long and the roof rack is strong enough for a roof top tent (an add on option from the factory if wanted).
http://www.intechrv.com/max.php

So after doing some research on these we ended up putting a deposit down on the model pictured and we get to pick it up on Saturday!
I will post some more pictures when we pick it up and some action shots. This will be my build thread for the many modifications to follow.
Enjoy!!!

PaddyG

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hey, we live in Hampton just across the river from you. We bought the XLT Flyer. Fold out bed with double foxwing awnings. Didn't go with the pull out kitchen because we felt the height of the stove was too high. I would be cooking at chest high. We also love the taller design we can almost stand straight up, which with herniated disks is important. Plus the back door on that model folds down into a ramp for easy loading and unloading. Enjoy your InTech.

dventoza

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Portsmouth, Virginia
Member #

Hey, we live in Hampton just across the river from you. We bought the XLT Flyer. Fold out bed with double foxwing awnings. Didn't go with the pull out kitchen because we felt the height of the stove was too high. I would be cooking at chest high. We also love the taller design we can almost stand straight up, which with herniated disks is important. Plus the back door on that model folds down into a ramp for easy loading and unloading. Enjoy your InTech.
How do you like the trailer so far? Have you had any issues? We picked ours up today and are planning a trip for somewhere along the bay over the 4th of July!

PaddyG

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

We just this evening repicked her up. They had to add a spacer/riser to the axle. Long story. Not yet home. But we love. Her name is GiGi. Can you PM me with your email and I'll fill you in on everything.

Reactions: trailhunter

dventoza

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Portsmouth, Virginia
Member #

Here’s a bit of an update on the trailer.
We have used it a handful of times and we are enjoying it a lot. There is a few things we would like to do in the near future though. We want to install a 200w solar system with a bigger battery, some more storage on the exterior, and we also are looking into a rooftop tent for more sleeping space for guests.
A few pictures in action-

We also needed a better sleeping solution for our daughter. So I built a bunk bed with flip up side so she doesn’t roll out in her sleep.

More updates to come!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

persquank

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

This is a really neat build. I tried to follow the link but it looks like they changed their site

http://www.intechrv.com/pursue.php

That one looks like yours. Do you know what the gross weight of the trailer is at when you are fully loaded?

dventoza

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Portsmouth, Virginia
Member #

This is a really neat build. I tried to follow the link but it looks like they changed their site

http://www.intechrv.com/pursue.php

That one looks like yours. Do you know what the gross weight of the trailer is at when you are fully loaded?
Yes they renamed all their models and the link you posted in the same trailer I have.
I’m not sure what my gross weight is loaded, I’ve never weighted it, but the unloaded weight is around 1400lbs. If I had to take a guess I would say my loaded weight is around 2000lbs. They are a very well built unit. All aluminum, cage style framing. They are missing some things like water storage and a good exterior storage but nothing that can’t be added on.

Paladin2020

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Crawfordville, FL
First Name
David
Last Name
Allen
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
I've seen some very nice upgrades for the InTect. solar panels and extra batteries and extra awning, the 2" hitch in the back is a plus.

dventoza

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Portsmouth, Virginia
Member #

Well here is a bit of an update. I haven’t added any modifications to the trailer lately. I did purchase a Tuff Stuff Elite model RTT for the trailer. I was looking for a little more sleeping space for the family so the tent was a great option. We went out camping this past weekend and everything worked great! Love the RTTIMG_0413.JPGIMG_0411.JPG

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

Beautiful looking trailer congrats & hope you get many good times getting out & enjoy exploring

K9Overlanding

Rank 0

Traveler I

Phoenix
We are picking up our Pursue Flyer this coming Saturday... I already have a few mods in mind

Tounge box w/rotopax
Rear Landings.
Tires & Rims to match my 4Runner... I may need to swap out the hubs to accomplish this.
Add my Tepui RTT & Foxwing Awning
Add Solar
Use it a bit to determine where & what additional storage should be add.
Brackets to the roof rack to hang a shower curtain.
Maybe replace the roof rack with 1x1 tube.

Would you mind listing the mods you have already done?

Reactions: TNcaveman

Paladin2020

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Crawfordville, FL
First Name
David
Last Name
Allen
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
Well here is a bit of an update. I haven’t added any modifications to the trailer lately. I did purchase a Tuff Stuff Elite model RTT for the trailer. I was looking for a little more sleeping space for the family so the tent was a great option. We went out camping this past weekend and everything worked great! Love the RTTView attachment 54282View attachment 54283

Setup looks awesome.

stix999

Rank 0

Contributor I

Orlando
[
We are picking up our Pursue Flyer this coming Saturday... I already have a few mods in mind

Tounge box w/rotopax
Rear Landings.
Tires & Rims to match my 4Runner... I may need to swap out the hubs to accomplish this.
Add my Tepui RTT & Foxwing Awning
Add Solar
Use it a bit to determine where & what additional storage should be add.
Brackets to the roof rack to hang a shower curtain.
Maybe replace the roof rack with 1x1 tube.

Would you mind listing the mods you have already done?

We have posted some of these in the owners group, but here are some mods that we have done

XO Trailer jack
Front wind fairing that doubles as camp table. made from HPDE
Norther tool sprayer on roof. 16 gal. Power from the solar 12v port for water on demand. Also have an ecotemp L5 for heating water
Fold out sink/cutting board added to table. The lodge cast iron griddle fits perfectly on the two burners
Truck box cargo carrier. Used Rola swing out, then added two arms for stability. The system is removable, just like three tongue and receivers. This also moves some of the weight off of the tongue of the trailer
Rhino Base Tent and 2.5M awning. ARB awning for rear of trailer

Pics
w native 2.jpg sink.jpg camp 1.jpg Lodge.jpg NT sprayer.jpg cargo 2.jpg cargo 1.png

Last edited:

eredinger

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Roseville California
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Redinger
Member #

Great Mods! I have been looking into the Chase Flyer ( no stove or Fridge) . Some of the feed back I have received is that folks don't use the stove much due to no wind protection around the burners and the fridge is not very efficient . Any feedback on that? The Chase is around 10k OTD here locally so I'm not sure on the overall cost savings of looking at other cooking options.

stix999

Rank 0

Contributor I

Orlando
For our use, wind hasn’t been an issue with the stove. There is someone on the intech owners Zuckbook group who is selling a custom windbreak for it. The 12v/120v fridge has served its purpose. we usually use that for food and have a separate arrangement for bevs. No, it’s not an arb, but run time of course depends on the battery which is handled by the rv dealer, not intech and can be upgraded.

the slide out kitchen has been great in terms of time saving when compared to our old folding camp kitchen (stove, propane, utensils, cookware, etc). Like many, we are overcampers, so the less time with set up and take down, the better, while still having the comforts.

The “pursue”/kitchen model is heavy on the hitch; something to consider w the tow vehicle.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova