Indiana
First Name
Ken
Last Name
B
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6ETY
Hello from Jeffersonville. New Member check-in. I am completely new to overland and am excited to see what Indiana and the Midwest have to offer. I have a stock F-150 XLT that will be our platform for hitting primarily easier trails. I hope to learn much on these forums about what will make our truck more overland-worthy.

Wraithwulf

Rank I

Contributor III

Fort Wayne, Allen County, Indiana, United States
First Name
Colten
Last Name
Conley
Hello, from Fort Wayne.

I just got a Jeep Gladiator and now want to start my adventures in overlanding and building it up for overlanding.

Looking for places to start going but really don't want the off road parks. Got a Bunper and Winch coming to start off the build, with future plans for a Rebel Off Road Half Rack and iKamper hardtop tent.

Just joined to hopefully find some trails. Also curious is it worth to become a member?

NellyT77

Rank 0

Contributor I

Mooresville, IN, USA
First Name
Noah
Last Name
Elliott
Hello!
My name is Noah

New to Overlanding but not new to camping or cars, so it's only natural that I combined the two into a new hobby!

Located: Mooresville, IN
“Rig”: 2021 Honda Passport AWD (modifications planned for the near future)
Overlanding experience: is zilch.

Very excited to see where this hobby takes me and who I meet along the way!
(I copied this from the new member's introduction in case this post looks familiar! lol)

Blue Moon Journeys

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Attica, IN, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Ryan
Member #

Hello!
My name is Noah

New to Overlanding but not new to camping or cars, so it's only natural that I combined the two into a new hobby!

(I copied this from the new member's introduction in case this post looks familiar! lol)
Welcome Noah. Hope to see you on the road some day.

Blue Moon Journeys

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Attica, IN, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Ryan
Member #

Hello, from Fort Wayne.

I just got a Jeep Gladiator and now want to start my adventures in overlanding and building it up for overlanding.

Looking for places to start going but really don't want the off road parks. Got a Bunper and Winch coming to start off the build, with future plans for a Rebel Off Road Half Rack and iKamper hardtop tent.

Just joined to hopefully find some trails. Also curious is it worth to become a member?
There are some really nice touring trails (mostly dirt/gravel roads) down near Brown County State Park and the Hoosier National Forest. I have some trails on Gaia GPS that we take from time to time just to get out. There are also many dispersed camping areas around Brown County State Park and the Hoosier National Forest.

Bert Rains

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Decker, IN 47524, USA
First Name
Bert
Last Name
Rains
Member #

Hello!
My name is Noah

Hello good luck travel safe

Gerdes

Rank 0

Traveler I

Indiana, USA
First Name
Ehren
Last Name
Gerdes
Checking in! Update-Just paid for my GFC XL, going on a 2020 Chevrolet 2500 HD, after 8 month order process. 4-6 weeks in production, then off to Montana for install and 2 weeks of Overlanding! Long wait on GFC, looking forward to boondocking in Oregon.

theriddler33

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Madison, Indiana
First Name
robert
Last Name
riedel
Member #

There are some really nice touring trails (mostly dirt/gravel roads) down near Brown County State Park and the Hoosier National Forest. I have some trails on Gaia GPS that we take from time to time just to get out. There are also many dispersed camping areas around Brown County State Park and the Hoosier National Forest.
Brown County and Hoosier National Forest used to be my old stomping grounds back when I had my Tacoma. I'd be interested in checking these trails out again sometime this year. It's been probably 20 years ago, but I remember a deserted road called Comb's Road. We got there by way of Story, IN.

This would be a great opportunity for people to meet up and do some backcountry exploring. This area is especially beautiful in the fall and it's only minutes from Nashville, IN...cute town with many shops if you've never been before.

Dlnuckolls

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Shepherdsville, KY, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Nuckolls
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4WHV
Brown County and Hoosier National Forest used to be my old stomping grounds back when I had my Tacoma. I'd be interested in checking these trails out again sometime this year. It's been probably 20 years ago, but I remember a deserted road called Comb's Road. We got there by way of Story, IN.

This would be a great opportunity for people to meet up and do some backcountry exploring. This area is especially beautiful in the fall and it's only minutes from Nashville, IN...cute town with many shops if you've never been before.
Well i am technically in Kentucky, but the Louisville area is pretty close to IN.

We love to roll through many places in IN. Last weekend we were at Sullivan-Green State Park, and spent the next day exploring Red Bird SRA. Next week we will be riding with some other folks at Interlake SRA. We have enjoyed touring covered bridges in Parke County and Brown County as well. Just so many great places to explore, we never tire of driving across the bridge to adventure!

DadJokes

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

KY
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Kil
Service Branch
US Air Force
Last call. Tomorrow at 8 am we are meeting at the Wal Mart in Corydon, IN to convoy to Interlake SRA near Lynville, IN by 9-9:30am EST.

sasquatchoverlanding

Local Expert, Indiana USA

Inventor II

Whiteland, IN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kephart
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRMM229
Service Branch
US Army
Hello!
My name is Noah

We have a few in the Central Indiana Area that gets together from time to time. Check on here as well as Indiana Overlanders on Facebook. We try to post the stuff in both locations.

Reactions: NellyT77

2Monks-MATACO

Rank V

Advocate III

Fishers, Hamilton County, Indiana, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Monk
Member #

Hi there. I'm from the Fishers area. MATACO is a 2015 Access Cab. I recently started to build my truck. I recently did part of the Trans American Trail from West Virginia to Oklahoma. This changed my ideas for my truck. I plan on going to the Rendezvous in the Ozarks in October. Learning and traveling. Did the Alaska Highway three years ago in our Subaru Outback.

Attachments

FreeRange

Rank II

Contributor III

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Schappa
Member #

Hi all,

My name's Matt. I have 2 (soon-to-be 3) kids and live just south of Indianapolis. I'm new to overlanding am excited about getting involved. I have a 2017 F150 that I'm just starting to upgrade a bit. I work downtown and look forward to being a part of this group.

Reactions: DanW

Blue Moon Journeys

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Attica, IN, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Ryan
Member #

Hi all,

My name's Matt. I have 2 (soon-to-be 3) kids and live just south of Indianapolis. I'm new to overlanding am excited about getting involved. I have a 2017 F150 that I'm just starting to upgrade a bit. I work downtown and look forward to being a part of this group.
Welcome Matt. Hope to get a chance to ride together sometime soon. Fall is coming, so camping weather is looking to be right around the corner.