Jason
Last Name
Kephart
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRMM229
Service Branch
US Army
Good morning! New member checking in. Just getting started and always look for some guidance on where to find trails. Working with a 2016 Tundra trd off-road package. Hope all are well and look forward to any advice!
I have a 2014 Tundra that I run. I love it and it takes me to where ever I need to go.

DougO

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Kokomo, IN, USA
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Obenchain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9NWN
Welcome Patrick your Tundra will do good. Indiana really does not have a good off road trail set up. There is the Badlands in Attica which is a private pay facility and then there the following Indiana DNR locations, some are only ATV / Motorcycle use. Kentucky, Michigan and I think Ohio have some really good trail systems
  • Interlake State Recreation Area (3,500 acres) 200 E. State Road 68. ...
  • Redbird State Recreation Area (1,400+ acres) 15298 W County Road 350 N. Linton, IN 47441. ...
  • Badlands (900+ acres) 3968 N. Xavier Rd. ...
  • Haspin Acres (750 acres) 21208 Laurel Rd. Laurel, IN 47024. ...
  • Lawrence Co. Recreation Park (400 acres) 99 Moore Ln.

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

Hello Fellow Hoosiers,

I am 45, married, 6 kids (all grown). I live in Yorktown. I am slowly building my YJ with Overland in mind. Just figured I'd say hi.
Wow, what a great looking YJ! What year is it? My first Jeep was a 93 in that same color. If you ever sell it, drop me a line! I've kicked myself since selling it in 2003!

Advocate III

Yorktown, Indiana, United States
First Name
Jasen
Last Name
Ulmer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9HBC
Hello Fellow Hoosiers,

I am 45, married, 6 kids (all grown). I live in Yorktown. I am slowly building my YJ with Overland in mind. Just figured I'd say hi.
Wow, what a great looking YJ! What year is it? My first Jeep was a 93 in that same color. If you ever sell it, drop me a line! I've kicked myself since selling it in 2003!
It's a '93. It's my fourth Jeep (first YJ), all the others were CJs two 7s and a 5. It's a Florida Jeep. It's got absolutely no rust. I plan on getting her road trip ready and heading west, eventually, My brother and I go on annual Jeep trips. Going to try and get as many badges of honor as we can. Below is my last Cj7.

Attachments

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

It's a '93. It's my fourth Jeep (first YJ), all the others were CJs two 7s and a 5. It's a Florida Jeep. It's got absolutely no rust. I plan on getting her road trip ready and heading west, eventually, My brother and I go on annual Jeep trips. Going to try and get as many badges of honor as we can. Below is my last Cj7.
Mine was a 93, as well! Bought it brand new for $11,700. It had zero rust and Line-X sprayed into the tub. I had about 130k miles on it when I sold it and it ran and looked like new. Lots of great memories with that old Jeep!
I hope you enjoy the heck out of it!

jgivens

Rank I

Traveler I

Fortville, IN
First Name
John
Last Name
Givens
Member #

New member checking in. Out of Winchester/ muncie area. Looking for people to hit trails with. Planning a drummond trip in jay/feb, and Kat trip late spring.
Great to hear, I'm near Pendleton area (Forville by ZIP code, but about half-way between). I'm looking to do a KAT trip in the first of June myself.

Gerdes

Rank 0

Traveler I

Indiana, USA
First Name
Ehren
Last Name
Gerdes
My name is Ehren, I’m based in Northeast Indiana. I generally roll solo. I put an order and deposit down for a Go Fast Camper XL with a production date due in June 2021. I’m in the process of building a full size Overland rig with a 2020 Chevrolet 2500 HD as the base. Generally I camp in UP of Michigan, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana areas with my Border Collie named Griffin. Oh, and own a 2003 Jeep Rubicon.

TAnderson267

Rank 0

Contributor I

I'm really happy to see this thread coming back to life...does anyone here know anybody that can tow a dodge ram 1500 from Fort Wayne, IN to Bluffton, IN for a decent price...my project is down and I'm trying to get it out of my parents driveway to a buddies farm to work on it.