Hurricane creek to max patch NC

• HTML tutorial

Krazie

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fletcher, NC, USA
Member #

I am currently planning put a trip with at least 4 rigs and around 10 people for November 10-12 which is on veterans day. I've never been and am curious about the trail itself. Any help would be appreciated and and good pull of camp spots around there that we could be guided to would be a huge help. If anyone would like to join us feel free to let me know

Saturday night heading up. Planned on tonight but had a few problems. Need a few things for the cold but on my way tomorrow.

Krazie

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fletcher, NC, USA
Member #

There are a few spots were at least 5-8 rigs could camp comfortably. The first spot on right is for 2 rigs. 4 could fit. There is 1 spot for 10 right on the river. Crowded but perfect. Few others would work but still crowded for 10. Keep it under 10 and you will find a spot.

Green Boot Adventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbus, GA, USA
First Name
Connor
Last Name
Alexander
Member #

There are a few spots were at least 5-8 rigs could camp comfortably. The first spot on right is for 2 rigs. 4 could fit. There is 1 spot for 10 right on the river. Crowded but perfect. Few others would work but still crowded for 10. Keep it under 10 and you will find a spot.
I camped the first spot on the right last night...easily could fit 3 rigs in there in my opinion. We had 5 folks in 2 vehicles last night with plenty of breathing room

Aztec1369

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Krum, Texas
Member #

I know this is a long way off but we are planning a trip to NC from TX in the spring. Will be ending in Black Mountain but plan on making a stop at Hurricane Creek. Would love to have a couple other rigs to roll through with. I will have a better idea of dates and plans as it gets nearer. Also, if anyone has any suggestions of places to stop/camp/see on the way from North Texas to Western North Carolina I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

Reactions: jasgwoods

jasgwoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rocky Top, TN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Woods
Member #

I know this is a long way off but we are planning a trip to NC from TX in the spring. Will be ending in Black Mountain but plan on making a stop at Hurricane Creek. Would love to have a couple other rigs to roll through with. I will have a better idea of dates and plans as it gets nearer. Also, if anyone has any suggestions of places to stop/camp/see on the way from North Texas to Western North Carolina I'd love to hear them. Thanks.
Following

We'll be hitting Hurricane Creek tomorrow mid-morning. This is not our first trip, but our first trip where we're getting serious. I have a stock 2016 VW Touareg TDI. I'd like to take the trail with another person, to help with spotting. Is anyone up for a ride tomorrow? 11/25/18

We are from WI, but own a cabin near Fontana, NC; so we're in the area often. After this trip our Treg will start to see upgrades!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

We'll be hitting Hurricane Creek tomorrow mid-morning. This is not our first trip, but our first trip where we're getting serious. I have a stock 2016 VW Touareg TDI. I'd like to take the trail with another person, to help with spotting. Is anyone up for a ride tomorrow? 11/25/18

We are from WI, but own a cabin near Fontana, NC; so we're in the area often. After this trip our Treg will start to see upgrades!
A friend of mine said he got stuck up there in his jeep a few weeks ago, and mentioned that it was getting rougher, I'd run it with you but I think I'm holding off on any more trails until I get my solid axle swap done. Can anyone confirm the condition of the trail currently? I've put some feelers out to other friends.

Mike

Reactions: Mark Werner

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Thank you! Appreciate the heads up. My understanding is the trail can get very bad if you don't go straight to Max Patch. Trying to understand it all. I certainly do not want to get stuck.
Sure thing Mark, I'd hate for you to get stuck up there alone, I'm sure it will get decent traffic this weekend though. I haven't heard anything yet. It wasn't too bad when I was in my bronco, but that was at least 3 years ago. I did manage 95% of the trail in 2WD, but I was also on 35s in that truck, too.

Mike

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

@Mark Werner, I heard a little while ago that some of the ruts up there are a couple feet deep. It's third party information, but I also know a stock JK is going up there tomorrow also. Take it how you will.

Mike