Hurricane creek to max patch NC

• HTML tutorial

David Gibson

Rank 0

Traveler I

I think that we have decided to pass on a trail ride. There are a lot of things that we want to do while we are in town and the ride had to be eliminated from our plans!

Thanks for asking though

TN_Tacosupreme

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Springfield, TN
Member #

If any of you go let me know I would like try that trail. I am in Cary area so I would have a bit of a drive to get there.
Our plans are still kinda up it the air and yeah that’d be a heck of a drive for a day trip. Got several irons in the fire for the next few months but would be cool to put together a group weekend trip in that area. Safe travels

Devon.818

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey guys, I found this thread the other day!

I'm planning a trip 10/19(friday)- 10/21(sunday).
Leaving Columbia and heading to Pisgah, explore for the day, possibly camp.
Head out to Cherokee national forest or towards tennessee/nantahala, camp/hotel(undecided) and head home Sunday.

Open invitation, or if anyone has some routes or tips that might be helpful,that would be appreciated.

Old NC 105, hurricane creek, and Pisgah trails #1 and #8 all look good.

Linville gorge looks amazing to check out.

Open to camping, or might just stay in a hotel in asheville.

I see a lot of people planning stuff for October, so if anyone would like to meet up? Saftey in #'s!

Reactions: Dixie

billiamwu

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Jacksonville, Florida
Member #

Hey guys, I found this thread the other day!

I'm planning a trip 10/19(friday)- 10/21(sunday).
Leaving Columbia and heading to Pisgah, explore for the day, possibly camp.
Head out to Cherokee national forest or towards tennessee/nantahala, camp/hotel(undecided) and head home Sunday.

Open invitation, or if anyone has some routes or tips that might be helpful,that would be appreciated.

Old NC 105, hurricane creek, and Pisgah trails #1 and #8 all look good.

Linville gorge looks amazing to check out.

Open to camping, or might just stay in a hotel in asheville.

I see a lot of people planning stuff for October, so if anyone would like to meet up? Saftey in #'s!
Hey Devon.818,

I'm heading up and staying in Brevard around the same time (October 19 - 22) and looking to do some trails.

I was thinking of doing Brown Mountain trail #1 & 8.

If you are still thinking about going out let me know/send me a PM.

Thanks.

Krazie

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fletcher, NC, USA
Member #

Wife and I have someone to watch the kid so taking a borrowed Jeep there october6th. First time being there and would love some company

36degreesNorth

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Sabens
Short notice but anyone want to explore this weekend 11-3/11-4 the wife and I just decided to head up there from Florence SC. Trying to enjoy the fall colors when we don't have school work due.

Green Boot Adventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbus, GA, USA
First Name
Connor
Last Name
Alexander
Member #

I look forward to hearing about yall's ride. I'm looking to head out that way next weekend from the middle Tennessee area for Veteran's Day Weekend.

DerekJeep

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Elb
Member #

Anybody going through hurricane Creek this month? I just moved to the Charlotte area AND just got my first Jeep. It seems kind of hard to find places to go out and offroad and camp here so i'd love to hit this trail. Im used to open BLM land on the west coast.

Jeep Sahara - 33"s, bumpers, 2.5" lift, no winch yet

Reactions: 36degreesNorth

Dyrtybyrd

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Randleman, NC
Member #

Anybody going through hurricane Creek this month? I just moved to the Charlotte area AND just got my first Jeep. It seems kind of hard to find places to go out and offroad and camp here so i'd love to hit this trail. Im used to open BLM land on the west coast.

Jeep Sahara - 33"s, bumpers, 2.5" lift, no winch yet
Been wanting to do this run, we are doing Uwharrie this weekend but any other dates we are game.

Reactions: jasgwoods

jasgwoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rocky Top, TN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Woods
Member #

Maybe we can get a group together for a Sunday run. Got to figure out my new work schedule
Count me in as well! I'm in East TN, but my wife and I go to Hot Springs, NC often, and have hiked up to Max Patch. I'm new to overlanding and have been wanting to do this trail.

Krazie

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fletcher, NC, USA
Member #

I thought about heading up the 10th of November. Have been there a few times in my Jeep but wanting to take my old truck this time.

Krazie

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fletcher, NC, USA
Member #

Hey all I am going to go wheeling and camping up hurricane creek near Asheville NC tomorrow and will be up there until Thursday. If anyone is going to be in the area or would like to come out please feel free to contact me. It would be great to meet up with some other overlanders if anyone is around! Thanks and happy wheeling!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Taking my old truck up Saturday the 10th of November. Have been down the trail a few times in another vehicle but first time in this one.