Rank V

Enthusiast III

Durham, NC, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

I updated the route plan on Gaia. Not sure how I can upload the route from a. Chrome book but here’s a picture for now. Orange is Friday Night, and Blue is for Saturday and Sunday. There are a few good spots to camp on HC. Will ultimately depend on how many rigs we have.

Attachments

Reactions: Primeauxrover

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Awesome deal, Yea i think the snorkel won't be needed. Seems like the water isn't too bad unless we get a ton of rain. Defeinitley looks like some muddy deep ruts in some spots. Hoping for dry conditions so i can ride on top of the ruts instead of in them and smash the quarter panels up.

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
I updated the route plan on Gaia. Not sure how I can upload the route from a. Chrome book but here’s a picture for now. Orange is Friday Night, and Blue is for Saturday and Sunday. There are a few good spots to camp on HC. Will ultimately depend on how many rigs we have.
You should be able to add the GPX file to the Rally Point so it will be downloadable then.

OverlandOzzy1

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Durham, NC, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

All the spots for at the Catamount Group Camp we’re reserved already for September 25. Currently searching for some other spots for us to camp Friday night. If anyone has a spot send me a text. My number is listed in the rally point

OverlandOzzy1

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Durham, NC, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

UPDATE TO ALL:

I have reserved 5 campsites at Wingray Campground in Waynesville for Friday evening. I am going to cap the trip at 12 rigs due to space constraints on the trail and campsites for Saturday evening. If you need more space, there are additional sites available at Wingray Campground. Feel free to call them. The campsites I reserved are all next to one another and are $25 a night. We pay when we leave Saturday morning at the office. Cash or Credit/Debit Card are types of payment accepted. If you do not plan to camp both Friday and Saturday night please send me a text and let me know. Dogs are allowed but on leash only. Fires are also allowed. Make sure you provide your own firewood, obviously.

As for comms for our trip if you have a GMRS radio license that is great. I have 2 handheld Baoefeng GMRS radios in the truck for the time being till my in-vehicle 50w unit arrives.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know. Now that the campsites are reserved, its a rain or shine trip.

As for departure Friday morning, as long as everyone can make it, I have made plans to change the convoy meetup location to Boojum Brewing Company and Taproom in Waynesville NC. The plan is to stop and meetup at 1400 Friday afternoon, get some food and beers and head down to camp late afternoon around 1600. The office at the campground closes at 1630, however we can roll in whenever. If anyone has a trail or place they would like to explore or checkout prior to our convoy meetup, speak up and let me know so we can fit it into our schedule! I have no issues being flexible.

SATURDAY:
We will depart the campground as a convoy, pay, and head north towards the road that is orange on the picture listed above, all the way to I-40. Head back south and swing around to start Hurricane Creek. There are several large camp areas after the entrance to the trail head.

I'm still working logistics to plan the rest of the route out for how many rigs we have. Will more than likely just get it together and explain it when we meetup at Boojum.

We currently have 9 RIGS that are for sure coming, I would love to make 10.

IF you have any questions or concerns, please shoot me a text. My number is listed on the Rally Point itself.