How to pass the time on longer drives

• HTML tutorial

What are your preferred driving pastimes on trips?

• Total voters

KarmaSeoul

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Baton Rouge, LA, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
D
Member #

Typically music or conversation. We just made the trip from MA to LA, 27 ish hours because of the moving trailer. Thinking about maybe books or even the backlog of podcasts but I usually have my fiancee with me and we have different tastes in that area so music it is.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Silence sometimes, audiobooks have been great though I phase out and have to rewind it. Jump on channel 19 to see if anyone chatting . My favorite is calculating fuel usage and trying to figure out my next fuel stop

Reactions: Jeffrey Dill

Kilo Sierra

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Warren, New Hampshire, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Seaverson
Member #

I usually listen to talk radio most of the time. When nothing good is on I'll just throw some music on. I usually keep the volume rather low so that it's just background unless there is something I'm interested in.

I really should get into podcasts. I listened to a Science & Technology one (they were discussing the Concorde) on the way into work one night and got me interested in researching.

pnwexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Olympia, WA
First Name
Hannah
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Podcasts, audio books and music. Sometimes just audio books if I'm really into a certain book at the moment. Mostly I listen to podcasts though.

Reactions: Big G

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I may be a bit odd but I like silence or should I say the rhythm of the road. I find that if I have music on, or an audio book or something like that I just can't concentrate enough on it that I miss big chunks of music or the book. So road noise it is,

WAYAWAY

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

I keep around 5 GB of music local on my phone.. plus a few USB thumb drives loaded with music for times that i wanna keep my phone unplugged.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
My other is HF ham radio. You never know where on Earth signals may be coming from.

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

AUdiobooks have become my new companion when I am conpanionless. My dogs dont care. As long as they ahve windows to look out and a soft bed to lay.

Sirius is probably the best money spent for travel. Music, talk, sports, weather, traffic all built into the rig.

keithh2oskier

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Collins
I like music and podcasts. My wife hates long drives so when we are together we try and talk or I find a podcast she will find interesting so it sucks less for her.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

We usually listen to some Island 98.5 on I heart radio or I would have to talk to the wife so we watch movies lol