How to pass the time on longer drives

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

What are your preferred driving pastimes on trips?

• Total voters

KarmaSeoul

Rank II

Contributor II

Baton Rouge, LA, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
D
Member #

Typically music or conversation. We just made the trip from MA to LA, 27 ish hours because of the moving trailer. Thinking about maybe books or even the backlog of podcasts but I usually have my fiancee with me and we have different tastes in that area so music it is.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Supporter

Advocate I

Secret lair.
Member #

Silence sometimes, audiobooks have been great though I phase out and have to rewind it. Jump on channel 19 to see if anyone chatting . My favorite is calculating fuel usage and trying to figure out my next fuel stop

Reactions: Jeffrey Dill

Kilo Sierra

Rank IV

Advocate II

Rochester, NH, USA
Member #

I usually listen to talk radio most of the time. When nothing good is on I'll just throw some music on. I usually keep the volume rather low so that it's just background unless there is something I'm interested in.

I really should get into podcasts. I listened to a Science & Technology one (they were discussing the Concorde) on the way into work one night and got me interested in researching.

Reactions: Jeffrey Dill