How long to wait for Gobi rack? coming up on 19 weeks

• HTML tutorial

Leclerc.27

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

North Shore, MA
Member #

Thank you! The hitch is one I had custom made by Detours Off Road Hardware. It still needs to go in for powder coat but it is awesome! Super high quality work and custom made to fit the WK2.
Awesome, they’re close to me - what’d that cost you? I love that it leaves the hitch receiver open, huge bonus considering I have the Factor55 setup back there. Too pretty to not use.

Last edited:

McCannUSA

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Anderson, CA
Member #

Awesome, they’re close to me - what’d that cost you? I love that it leaves the hitch receiver open, huge bonus considering I have the Factor55 setup back there. Too pretty to not use.
Mine was $565 with shipping. I added the gas strut to it but everything else was theirs.

Reactions: Leclerc.27

DRHDVM

Rank 0

Traveler I

I finally gave up on Gobi to get me the ladder I ordered in May. They kept giving me dishonest timelines and then blaming me for the delays: they tried to reach me (no record....), the credit card didn't work (has been working fine for everyone else...), I didn't return their calls for weeks (called them the next day...). They told me on 8/8 it was shipping that day, but a different person called on the 17th with the non-working credit card story again and told me that, as soon as they had the credit card payment, they would let the factory know to START the fabrication. I told them no thanks. I own my own business and if we provided this kind of service to our clients I would expect people to take their money elsewhere. So, that's what I'm doing.

Reactions: Steve

Robert Fullen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kerrville, Tx
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Fullen
Member #

Service Branch
None
Wow , that's crazy! Has anyone seen their facilities? Is it two guys doing them in a backyard shed or what? I really like their racks but jeez that's ridiculous!

ddavismt

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

East Helena, Montana, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Beth U.S. Navy
New here, hoping to get some advice.
I recently ordered a Gobi Stealth Rack, haven't heard from the salesman yet, today will make 72 hrs.
Does anyone know of an alternative?
I need:
1. No drilling on a 2016 JKU Hardtop, Stock bumper
2. Roof Top Tent capabilities. w/ capacity to hold up to 650 lb + static
3. (mostly bonus) Doesn't look like a monster cage on the rig.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Off Trail Yeti

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast II

Bonsall, CA
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Rehder
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7DUG
15-18 weeks was the timeline for me. I decided to move to another vendor. I just don't get when you leave multi messages at company and they never call you back.?

ddavismt

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Beth U.S. Navy
Update,
I pulled the trigger on the Gobi Stealth Rack for my 16 JKU. just can't find anything that is rated better at 800 lbs static AND signature no-drill.
I agree that it is pricey, but in my experience you get what you pay for.
The sales person quoted "at least" 12-16 weeks. I am aware that will probably turn into more like 21 weeks. I have a F150 that I can rig up something a lot cheaper for now so I can wait.
Good luck to all that have the patience for the best.

NomadOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Bellingham, Washington, United States
First Name
Sean
Last Name
O'Kelley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPY415 (GMRS)
Service Branch
Army
Hey, if anyone knows of another rack company that offers "containment" bars that isn't completely flat, holds up to 800lbs static, requires no drilling, has as many accessories and looks good in the rig. I'd be happy to purchase from them over continuing the cycle with Gobi. But as far as I have been able to find, there is no such company producing racks like that other than Gobi.
Aside from designing and building it myself (which I'm lacking the facilities and equipment to do so) it seems like Gobi has everyone between a rock and a hard place on this.

Reactions: varano14

M ROD

Rank 0

Traveler I

Ordered a Gobi rack for my 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited on May 15, 2018. Received it on Oct. 19th. That was five months. Installed it next day. Installation went well. There was a defective bolt that holds the wind deflector in place. Called them on the 22nd about the issue. I'll post the final results to this issue. Otherwise the rack is solid and looks great on my Jeep. Installation time 4.5 hours.

ddavismt

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Beth U.S. Navy
Update,
I pulled the trigger on the Gobi Stealth Rack for my 16 JKU. just can't find anything that is rated better at 800 lbs static AND signature no-drill.
I agree that it is pricey, but in my experience you get what you pay for.
The sales person quoted "at least" 12-16 weeks. I am aware that will probably turn into more like 21 weeks. I have a F150 that I can rig up something a lot cheaper for now so I can wait.
Good luck to all that have the patience for the best.
January 3rd, still waiting.

wandering nomad

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

pnw
Member #

I have had mine on since 2012 and i had to wait then (they build every one to order) No problems ,no rattles,no regrets. suck it up buttercup. you wont be disappointed

Reactions: Nomadik Nova