How long to wait for Gobi rack? coming up on 19 weeks

• HTML tutorial

McCannUSA

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Anderson, CA
Member #

So my question is how long should I wait on my Gobi rack before I assume it isn't coming? When I ordered it they said 12 to 16 weeks, I'm coming up on the end of 19 weeks. I got all my confirmation e-mails from them and another e-mail in December saying that my order was still in the queue to be made but I haven't heard anything sense. I have tried to contact them but no return.
In a related question, are Gobi racks even made in the U.S.? If you look at there web site all of the accessories say "made in the USA" but the racks themselves do not. Is this maybe why they take so long to get? and why you can't get any info back from them? (*sorry I put this in the wrong section, I meant to put it in vehicle gear but it won't let me delete.*)

Last edited:
S

SubeeBen

Wow ! I would have cancelled payment by now brother I know the racks are nice & pricey as well have you looked at other racks. I have a smittybilt SRC & love it for under $ 5oo

McCannUSA

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Anderson, CA
Member #

Wow ! I would have cancelled payment by now brother I know the racks are nice & pricey as well have you looked at other racks. I have a smittybilt SRC & love it for under $ 5oo
I would definitely have cancelled but there just isn't much to choose from for my rig (2017 Grand Cherokee). I need something I can carry my sup boards, mountain bikes, and hopefully in the future a roof top tent on. I like all the accessories available on the Front Runner racks but the supper flat roof rack looks funny on my rig, kinda looks like a top hat or something.

S

SubeeBen

I would definitely have cancelled but there just isn't much to choose from for my rig (2017 Grand Cherokee). I need something I can carry my sup boards, mountain bikes, and hopefully in the future a roof top tent on. I like all the accessories available on the Front Runner racks but the supper flat roof rack looks funny on my rig, kinda looks like a top hat or something.
Sorry my bad should have checked out what your rig was. Still doesn’t seem right. Sorry for your suffering. Are they still in business ? Hats off to you, you have ALOT more patience than me my friend, good luck ✌

Reactions: McCannUSA

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
My two workers both ordered Gobi's for their 4runners, both waited 21 weeks. They got ZERO replies to emails and attempts to contact. There are literally great alternatives for the same or less money. Personally, I don't get it. I went with another brand, I couldn't deal with the wait or lack of service.

del123

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

California
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Shepp
Member #

Mine just came yesterday and I ordered in September. They don’t charge until the freight company has it. You can also call Gobi and inquire about where you are at in production. It’s worth the wait. They produce everything in their warehouse in Colorado. It’s all US built and built to order so support small local companies! Everyone wants a gobi - just wait in line.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: ZachB and McCannUSA

del123

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

California
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Shepp
Member #

That’s a valid opinion, however, I personally didn’t have any issues with their customer service. Every time I called their office I was able to get ahold of someone and my needs were taken care of. Email, however, was more difficult to get a reply. So I see what you’re saying

McCannUSA

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Anderson, CA
Member #

Mine just came yesterday and I ordered in September. They don’t charge until the freight company has it. You can also call Gobi and inquire about where you are at in production. It’s worth the wait. They produce everything in their warehouse in Colorado. It’s all US built and built to order so support small local companies! Everyone wants a gobi - just wait in line.

Good to hear. I ordered mine November 10th. Hopefully I will get it before overland expo west, fingers crossed. I have high hopes for the rack, I have never heard anyone say anything bad about there products just the wait time.

Sgt12XU

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sunnyvale, CA
Member #

Their business model is terrible for end users. They need to do production of parts in a more efficient manner. I called to ask about lead time for awning brackets that work with my Stealth JK rack. Was told 6-8 weeks on all accessories. WTF...fired. Will figure out a different way.

phxdsrtrat

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Glendale, AZ
First Name
Curtiss
Last Name
S
Member #

Their business model is terrible for end users. They need to do production of parts in a more efficient manner. I called to ask about lead time for awning brackets that work with my Stealth JK rack. Was told 6-8 weeks on all accessories. WTF...fired. Will figure out a different way.
I was told 6 to 8 weeks for a roof rack mounted toolbox (I don't have a Gobi rack but their toolbox looked like it would be perfect my use). After 12 weeks I ended up canceling the order and going a different route.

-Curtiss

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

Their wait time and poor customer service were the reasons I went with the BajaRack. It seems like more and more people are having similar issues with Gobi.

McCannUSA

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Anderson, CA
Member #

And the answer is...............Don't ever give up! LOL....Got an e-mail from Gobi saying my rack is done and I should be hearing from the shipping company soon to arrange delivery. So it looks like orders are running around 24 weeks right now for delivery.