Launch Member

Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

Since joining this site and reading a lot of forums and seeing all the cool rigs...it's got my wheels turning. So, there I was...perusing Craigslist ads, when I saw this..."1966 Superior Cadillac Ambulance", and immediately I thought to myself..."Self, There's an awesome overlanding project!" First, there's the Cadillac V-8, I owned a '69 K5 Blazer years ago that had a Cadillac 472 dropped in it, talk about low end torque, these things were built for towing boats and Airstreams.

I mean, come on...how cool would it be to make this into a 4WD overlanding rig. If I had only won the Powerball this week! I'd like to hear what you people think would make a cool and UNIQUE Overlander...00K0K_1TvDNoEYbHC_600x450.jpg 00A0A_27H4nXa6YOh_600x450.jpg
Here's what it would've looked like back in '66, imagine the possibilities!
00c0c_7mw7aCunMWP_600x450.jpg

Reactions: SLO Rob

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

You *might* be able to slap that on an old suburban frame, but it looks like a ton of fabwork...

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

You *might* be able to slap that on an old suburban frame, but it looks like a ton of fabwork...
LOL...never said it would be easy. Still, it would be a fun project...and the end result would be awesome. That rig is about 19.5 feet long, it has the wheel base of a quad cab pick up...but damn...it'd look cool.