Launch Member

Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

I would love a snorkel but every thing you can think of is in the way would not really matter all that much if the water gets to the intake I have the electrical will be drowned by then so would not really matter all that much.. Hummm women's stocking that may be worth a try I am guessing over the air intake.. they also make very good lightweight leg warmers if you have been in the military you know this trick already....
Well, I don't know about all the stuff in your way...but, there are aftermarket companies that make rubber booties for your distributor cap and such. Most people I know use a zip lock freezerbag and a rubberband to protect their distributor. My vehicle doesn't have a distributor cap so...no worries there. Also, Snorkels are not just beneficial for water crossings...a raised intake is great for overlanding in the desert as it helps keep the dust trail of the vehicle in front of you from clogging your intake...also in some cases, helps with mileage by acting as a forced air intake. If your engine compartment is tight, you could go military style where the snorkel comes up out of the hood as shown in the attached pic below of course technically it's the hood as hummvee's have no fenders, just one giant hood. My point is, and the point of this post is...with a little creativity and ingenuity anyone can do thispict534.jpg ...hope this helps.

Nomad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Laughing Otter - yes that is an option to go through the hood thanks.. I find the steam from water hitting things like the headers are the culprit for my electrics going out till they dry out then things are fine again.... guess I need to find a thread on sealing the electrics here...