Hollister Hills 4/22-4/23?

• HTML tutorial

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Upper Ranch is the 4WD side yes. The entrance for regular traffic into UR is the old schoolhouse, the group area has an entrance of their own

Jun1or_D40

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

SF/ NORCAL AREA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QKQ
Sycamore Camp also has FREE hot showers! Sycamore sits down in a small valley and is protected from the wind much better than the obstacle course camp. Take some alcohol wipes because poison oak is EVERYWHERE and the oil will get on your rig and easily transfer to your skin.
are you going?

Cam_Cam_Tech

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
Sycamore is my favorite. The showers, lower day temps, less dust, is a plus for me

@cam_toyota_tech

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

are you going?
I asked if he was interested, no runs for @BCBrian until ours the weekend of the 5th.

@Jun1or_D40 if you're looking for something to do this weekend, then I suggest the Pismo run with the Sac group (same guys as our MoonRox run, now known as N.O.Z.) check it out here

This will be my first ever run to Pismo, you should come down!

I wish I'd gotten the Zook online in time

Attachments

Last edited:

bacon_taste

Rank I

Contributor III

I asked if he was interested, no runs for @BCBrian until ours (at HH) the weekend of the 5th.

@Jun1or_D40 if you're looking for something to do this weekend, then I suggest the Pismo run with the Sac group (same guys as our MoonRox run, now known as N.O.Z.) check it out here

This will be my first ever run to Pismo, you should come down!

I wish I'd gotten the Zook online in time
Huh, didn't even see that meetup. May have to do pismo instead, never been either. Seems like more people will be there, and it'll probably be easier than HH

Sent from my SCH-I545 using OB Talk mobile app

DuncNasty08

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Visalia, CA
Member #

Im all packed too! Just gotta grab ice and fill the cooler. Then of course wait for the ol ball and chain to get off at 10 tonight :(

Reactions: Jasonb

DuncNasty08

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Visalia, CA
Member #

Hey everybody! Hope those of you that we able to make it had a good time. I had absolutely ZERO service haha. But I was camped out with the Low Range Off-road guys.

DuncNasty08

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Visalia, CA
Member #

So, i had a thought and im going to look into the area 5 rental. How about a meet up in hollister for a long weekend? Like what low budget offroad did? Do you think people would be interested?

Sent from my SM-N920V using OB Talk mobile app
im definitely interested and would love to see what we can get going as far as people showing up!

mitchandbuck

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

So, i had a thought and im going to look into the area 5 rental. How about a meet up in hollister for a long weekend? Like what low budget offroad did? Do you think people would be interested?

Area 5 is $500 rental. But the big deal is the event insurance required by Hollister Hills. An option is to piggy back onto another event.
Check out Cal 4WD association. There is an event on May 12-13-14called Molina Ghost run. There is registration available on web site. They also provide dinner Saturday evening. Good event. All 4WD rigs are welcome. Raffle, dinner, they have great t shirts, registration is $55. Good deal for 3 day event.

I really suggest becoming a member of Cal4. Their purpose is provide a collective voice for lobbying to keep trails open to the public. It's a worthy cause and recently, we have needed a louder voice to continue to enjoy our off roading hobby. Ok, I'm getting off my soap box now.

http://cal4wheel.com/events/event-registration-forms/item/molina-ghost-run-may-12-14-2017

Can't make it through the day? Back up, and get a run at it!

Reactions: maktruk

DuncNasty08

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Visalia, CA
Member #

After spending the whole weekend at Hollister hills, I only took 1 pic haha. We were camped with the Low Range Off-road guys. Didn't hit the trails until before we left Sunday. But did the staircase then headed up to the top for the obligatory Hollister Hills pic lol IMG_20170424_112456_222.jpg

Jasonb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, California, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Bath
Member #

So i called the events office in hollister and i asked them about fees and insurance. If we have vendors, a caterer , a structured outing in the form alof a compatition and we charged for admission above the cost of the rental of the area, we would need insurance. If, however we go as a giant group of friends who want to camp and wheel together. Hire no caterer and have no vendors. We dont need to purchase insurance. Which is the idea i was thinking about. Just a bunch of like minded people camping and having a good time. @mitchandbuck, although a great idea, I, for one would like to see about having our own "event" not piggy back onto another one. Just my feelings about that.

DuncNasty08

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Visalia, CA
Member #

Yeah I like this idea. Maybe we should make a thread and see ehat people think? I can also get the group from tacomaworld interest if you want. I know there are some from there that would go