Help

• HTML tutorial

Mogwai

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Member #

Any members near the Anza Borrego Park I need help I was rescued last night after being stuck 36 hours. My rig is wedged on a rock. Is anybody close enough 2 help me recover someone with a winch and a high-lift jack or maybe maxx traxx... I'm at the Airporter Inn. Rangers and Sheriff I've been assisting me but have not figured out a solution to rescue my vehicle. Text me anyone available. Calls mostly for park ranger and sherrif.3108099040

CesT4R•Ꮖᔑᝪ8ᗰ•Overland
I posted on ih8mud in the local Beach n Toys TLCA chapter.

SURFOVERLAND

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Oceanside ,ca
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Trostad
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6AEB
Where abouts are you stuck? I’m not around currently, but that will help out.
Need some coordinates might have some Instagram people that are in the area currently with rigs capable of recovery but Borrego is huge so don't want to send them on a goose chase?

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey everyone - thank you for responding and for the offers of help. We'll have to wait to see if @bundi3180 is able to respond.

The upcoming Overland Bound app will have an APB which will post coordinates and make this easier and more reliable. Its an essential part of what we do.

I hope all is OK.

M

Desert Ham

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Escondido, CA
Member #

Normally I'd be more that happy to assist, but tomorrow morning I go in the hospital to have a 4 wire pacemaker installed in my chest - so I'm out of the picture for this one. Where is your vehicle? Which trail were you on when you got high centered? What were you doing in the desert when it was 110 degrees outside? If you are high centered, the generic fix is to place flat rocks in front of your rear tires to lift up the rear axle when you pull forward. An exact location and more photos would make it easier for folks to assist you.

Will4R

Rank 0

Contributor I

Not in the states. Sorry buddy. Sounds like a good story and an after action for needed equip for self recovery haha. Good luck.

Slow Poke

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Escondido
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Torrez
Member #

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/index.php?posts/239841&share_tid=17649&share_pid=239841&share_fid=1030797&share_type=t

Any members near the Anza Borrego Park I need help I was rescued last night after being stuck 36 hours. My rig is wedged on a rock. Is anybody close enough 2 help me recover someone with a winch and a......

CesT4R•Ꮖᔑᝪ8ᗰ•Overland
Sorry I am not currently near. Hard to see just how you are stuck to give advice.

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
Glad to hear it got sorted out.

Sorry I couldn't help, but travel got in the way.

Means of locating folks is a big topic. For those who have ham licenses and smart phones there is an APRS application that will show your location. I know a number of folks who use this app and it seems to work quite well, although I do not know how well it would work if out of a cell area. GPS coordinates are probably a more universally useful system. Tracking folks down via a ham radio signal is also a possibility, but works best with some specialized equipment that most folks don't have.

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

Help was sent by Sheriff. Issue is resolved.
Michael, is there anyway we could make an emergency post/help section? I am only 45 min away from where this member was stuck I am on OB daily & this is the first I have heard of this. I am self employed & would have no problem dropping everything to help out. Just a thought .