• HTML tutorial

Mgway1

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Leonardtown, Maryland
Member #

Hi,
Just joined today from Southern Maryland. I am original from California, but moved here for work after I got out of the Navy. I am new to the whole Overlanding thing, but I am hooked. I haven't had a chance to go anywhere yet, because my poor car has been broken more than it has been working since I got her last year. I drive a 2000 Subaru Outback. Not exactly the typical overland rig you see, but she is very capable, and will only get better with time. Pleasure to introduce myself, looking forward to getting to know more of you, and learning more about this awesome lifestyle.

Mark

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi,
Just joined today from Southern Maryland. I am original from California, but moved here for work after I got out of the Navy. I am new to the whole Overlanding thing, but I am hooked. I haven't had a chance to go anywhere yet, because my poor car has been broken more than it has been working since I got her last year. I drive a 2000 Subaru Outback. Not exactly the typical overland rig you see, but she is very capable, and will only get better with time. Pleasure to introduce myself, looking forward to getting to know more of you, and learning more about this awesome lifestyle.

Mark
Hello Mark and welcome to the OB crew ...look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Reactions: Tuckomaone

itsatruck

Rank 0

Contributor I

US
Welcome from PA! Also a veteran here, and also a Subaru owner. My rig is a Chevy however. What seems to be the issue with the Subie???

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tuckomaone

Mgway1

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Leonardtown, Maryland
Member #

Welcome from PA! Also a veteran here, and also a Subaru owner. My rig is a Chevy however. What seems to be the issue with the Subie???

Blown head gaskets, typical subaru stuff. And the guy who I bought it from cut a lot of corners, so I am slowly fixing all her problems. What subaru do you have?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

itsatruck

Rank 0

Contributor I

US
I have a 2017 Forester. Coming up to 30k and no issues so far. These newer FB motors are a big improvement over the EJ, and I really like 32mpg. Subaru really has a great AWD and VDS going. I am taking my wife and two kids on my trips so I have concerns with the weight, hence why I am not building the Subie.

Mgway1

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Leonardtown, Maryland
Member #

I have a 2017 Forester. Coming up to 30k and no issues so far. These newer FB motors are a big improvement over the EJ, and I really like 32mpg. Subaru really has a great AWD and VDS going. I am taking my wife and two kids on my trips so I have concerns with the weight, hence why I am not building the Subie.

Yeah, my engine has 290k on it. And I get really bad gas mileage, especially compared to my old accord, lol. But it is amazing in the snow though. The lsd is no joke on this car. I buried her in the snow, and she drive out like it was nothing, lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Reactions: itsatruck

Tuckomaone

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Denver,pa 17517
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Schickel
Member #

Also a pa guy and my buddy building a forester and I’m super stoked to help him and get out there along side him hop to maybe see you out and your adventures

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk