Status
Not open for further replies.

cbechtold

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasanton, CA
Member #

So I've been using the BaoFang handhelds for a while, and they work great! Recently I've taken interest to getting more of a permanent set up in the rig. I'm curious to what everyone is running and their experiences. Any advice is great. Thanks!

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

There are a lot of great threads on HAM Radios in the Overland Communications forum:Overland Communications
I run a Kenwood TM 281 2M, milspec, bullet proof, Comet antenna, I also have 2 Baofeng handhelds we use in our backpacks, Icom and Yeasu also make nice equipment, a great place to buy on internet is HRO Ham Radio Outlet they have stores all over, if they are not in your state free shipping and no sales tax! Right around $130 when on sale. They draw about 15A so connect it directly to your batt and make sure you have a good ground for radio and antenna.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: cbechtold

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

I run a Kenwood TM 281 2M, milspec, bullet proof, Comet antenna, I also have 2 Baofeng handhelds we use in our backpacks, Icom and Yeasu also make nice equipment, a great place to buy on internet is HRO Ham Radio Outlet they have stores all over, if they are not in your state free shipping and no sales tax! Right around $130 when on sale. They draw about 15A so connect it directly to your batt and make sure you have a good ground for radio and antenna.

One more thing, stay away from units on Ebay

Reactions: cbechtold
Status
Not open for further replies.