Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
COLORADO: Weekend meetup to traverse Medano Pass into the Great Sand Dunes National Park.

We'll camp at the northeast end of the Medano Pass trail on Friday night for those that can make it at that time. Those coming Saturday morning can meet us there to take the trail over the pass into the Great Sand Dunes Preserve and ultimately the Park. Saturday we'll enjoy the Park either individually or collectively (your choice) and camp that night towards the southwest end of the trail adjacent to the Park. For those returning to the Front Range we can travel either (A) the way we came over Medano Pass, (B) an hour up the San Luis Valley to take Hayden Pass back over to Hwy 50, (C) take a highway route either towards Salida or La Veta, etc.

For anyone that would like to do more and can come early, let me know. On Friday we might try Hermit Pass or Cloverdale mine trails.

Be sure to see the RALLY POINT NOTES section below for applicable links. Please RSVP if you're interested so we can keep an accurate estimate on head count.

Provided coordinates are for Friday evening / Saturday morning meeting point.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hang in there guys. More growing pains with the website. It won't let me RSVP for saying we've reached maximum limit.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Issue has been reported to Michael. Hang tight I do know they are busy today at the Overland Expo East Rally. We will get it fixed.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
Are you still out here?
Got home Friday.

Traveled down to Ouray and did Imogene before we left. Scared me speechless in 3 places. Serious lean. Just knew we were going over 3x. Can't wait to do it again!

Getting 4Runner re-geared to 4.88s.

Be back after Christmas.

Charles Drives Things

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Townsend
Member #

Hello all,

It looks like both the National Park, Preserve and adjacent National Forest are under Stage 2 Fire Restriction. This means no camp fires on those below freezing nights. Liquid fueled camp stoves won't be allowed either.

Here is some applicable info:

What do you all think? Do we still want to do this?
That could make it a little difficult, and chilly. I'll let the group decide but may not be as enjoyable.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all - I may have fixed the RSVP issue but I wont know for sure unless someone tries. Could you try and then @ mention me to let me know? Thank you!

M

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

This should be fixed. If you received an invite you can RSVP. If you have not and want one please let Neal know.