GPS on Samsung TAB question

• HTML tutorial

Wallygator

Rank III

Contributor II

USA
the model number is SM-T387W it has LTE and GPS built in. It does not have a compasss module, but as soon as you start moving it can decipher where you are.
My Tablet does not have the compass feature for Gaia . That feature is not used when using the maps .
Ok so I tried the part number and nothing specific comes up. I tried it on Amazon. Thanks for trying guys I will keep searching. What a pain in the butt. Am I getting old? Dam!

Cypress

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Goose Creek, SC, USA
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJY639
I'm also running a Samsung Tab A. It is rock solid. I'll try to remember to get the model number when I get home.

Reactions: Wallygator

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
I have a Samsung Tab A without the compass, but has the GPS chip in it. The system works without a hitch except that the tablet gets hot and shuts down sometimes. Go figure. It gets hot in Florida. After it cools off for a few minutes it gets right back into the swing of things. Hint=stop and take a short break and enjoy the views.

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
I have a Samsung Tab A without the compass, but has the GPS chip in it. The system works without a hitch except that the tablet gets hot and shuts down sometimes. Go figure. It gets hot in Florida. After it cools off for a few minutes it gets right back into the swing of things. Hint=stop and take a short break and enjoy the views.
You might look at Ram Mounts. Some of them have an external fan to help keep them cool.

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
You might look at Ram Mounts. Some of them have an external fan to help keep them cool.
I’ll check it out. Thanks