Georgia

• HTML tutorial

Esteban

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chattanooga, TN 37406
Member #

Only 2 small segments, and by pure coincidence. 1 being Rock Creek Rd near Ellijaym, and the other was this past weekend, Tray Mountain Trail and Rd in Helen.

JMY24

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Huntsville, AL/Dahlonega, GA
Member #

The Georgia Traverse is on my local bucket list and as a bonus I'm off work for the majority of September. I've done quite a bit of the middle of the route over the years in trucks, jeeps and on motorcycles. The small section east of Clayton is foreign to me as is west of Hiawassee. I'm in!
I created a thread for the GT trip. Go check it out when you can!

will liebel

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dahlonega
Member #

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum, and overlanding in general. I live in Woodstock, Ga (Just north of Atlanta) and was hoping to get in touch with anyone near my area. I would love to hear of any events in the general vicinity which I could take my family. I'm also interested in learning about any good trail rides around.

If your in Georgia or neighbor to the north (Tennessee, South Carolina), I'd love to hear from you to discuss areas that are OHV Camping friendly.

Thanks in advance,
Brent[/QUOTE

yeah man there is a group of us in dahlonega that ride occasionally

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

Don't know if there is a spotted post on here. But was driving from HHI SC to Savannah to the airport. Finishing up vacation and saw a Toyota 4Runner. A newer one. My family thought I was nuts asking them to take a picture of the badge or get their number. And well I had to take the picture myself while at a stop light. It was at the intersection of 278 and 95. I want to say the member number is one of these. 2011, 2014, 0211, 0214. Here is a picture of the rig from the rental haha. I'm from Ohio and was just blown away at the luck of running into a member! Hope we can find them so I can just say what's up! Lol

Reactions: JMY24

Rubyredfozzy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

Rubyredfozzy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

Is there anyone near columbus Ga. I live there and see people on the map but im afraid those members have not replied to any messages yet. I deploy to afghanistan soon and would love to meet up at least once before i roll out

Silverback_WK2

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tontitown, AR
Member #

Is there anyone near columbus Ga. I live there and see people on the map but im afraid those members have not replied to any messages yet. I deploy to afghanistan soon and would love to meet up at least once before i roll out
I just found this part of the forum.
There's a thread for a trip along the Georgia Traverse coming on February 10th if you'd care to join.
Also, be safe on deployment and take this advice a man at Ft Benning gave me back around 1994.
"If you ever get shot at, make sure to shoot back!"

Reactions: Rubyredfozzy

Rubyredfozzy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

I just found this part of the forum.
There's a thread for a trip along the Georgia Traverse coming on February 10th if you'd care to join.
Also, be safe on deployment and take this advice a man at Ft Benning gave me back around 1994.
"If you ever get shot at, make sure to shoot back!"
If found in a gun fight. Bring a buddy with a gun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app

GaMtn80

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Rome,Ga
First Name
James
Last Name
Floyd
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF4HDE
Im new to the site and live Rome/Cartersville area and have a buddy that we off road together. We go regularly and always looking for new people to go for safety and just to have more fun. We have driven some of the ga traverse and alot of areas from SC/Ga to GA/AL. we go wherever the roads turn into dirt.

Overlandtroubadour

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Rome, GA
Member #

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum, and overlanding in general. I live in Woodstock, Ga (Just north of Atlanta) and was hoping to get in touch with anyone near my area. I would love to hear of any events in the general vicinity which I could take my family. I'm also interested in learning about any good trail rides around.

If your in Georgia or neighbor to the north (Tennessee, South Carolina), I'd love to hear from you to discuss areas that are OHV Camping friendly.

Thanks in advance,
Brent
I'm just up the road in Rome, hit me up sometime!