Townsend, Georgia, United States
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Mahaffey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWH971
Hi everyone! I wished I had seen this thread earlier. We just had a meetup for OB at Reformation Brewery in Canton, this past Saturday (23Nov19). We had a great turnout for short notice, with ten rigs to walk around. David Giguere who routed and documented the Georgia Traverse came by to talk about the Traverse and what we can do to keep it viable. As part of that, we are planning on a Trail Cleanup when the roads open back up in March. It was a great time with a lot of great people!

We decided to make it a monthly event, so we are in the process of scheduling the December Meetup....likely the weekend of December 14. It will be at Reformation Brewery in Canton (I have an "in" there.) Keep an eye out for a Rally Point thread!

I'm new to OB, but have beeb overlanding for a bit mostly out west. I live in Canton, GA. I'd love to ride with you all!

Clay

Tim N Michele Davis

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Hartselle Al
Member #

Hi everyone! I wished I had seen this thread earlier. We just had a meetup for OB at Reformation Brewery in Canton, this past Saturday (23Nov19). We had a great turnout for short notice, with ten rigs to walk around. David Giguere who routed and documented the Georgia Traverse came by to talk about the Traverse and what we can do to keep it viable. As part of that, we are planning on a Trail Cleanup when the roads open back up in March. It was a great time with a lot of great people!

We decided to make it a monthly event, so we are in the process of scheduling the December Meetup....likely the weekend of December 14. It will be at Reformation Brewery in Canton (I have an "in" there.) Keep an eye out for a Rally Point thread!

I'm new to OB, but have beeb overlanding for a bit mostly out west. I live in Canton, GA. I'd love to ride with you all!

Clay
If you would post it here also, we will actually be in Ellijay that weekend for a short vacation and might make it.

airsh001

Rank 0

Contributor I

Florida, USA
First Name
ahmad
Last Name
irshad

Clay
Hey. You mentioned when the roads open back up...is the trail closed right now? I was planning on checking out parts of the traverse next week.

RedClay

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Townsend, Georgia, United States
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Mahaffey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWH971
The FS roads on the south side of the Cohutta Wilderness, and I think some of the Tray Mountain FS roads, are now closed for the season by the FS. They open back up around March 15.

Reactions: airsh001

Jsh2695

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Savannah, GA, USA
First Name
jeff
Last Name
Hodges
Member #

I am on Savannah, and plan on exploring the GA Traverse over several trips. I have never been but have heard about tray Mt. Any tips on were to start on the traverse or just general info is appreciated.

Jwsubie86

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Buford, GA, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
West
Member #

Hey all,
I've just joined as a member and I wanted to find out who was in the North Georgia area. I am new to overlanding so I would love to get advise especially from other Subaru owners. Obviously, we can't get together in the next few months, but I wanted to find out if there are any meetups/rally points that would be happening were it not for the SIP order. Looking forward to meeting other members!

JQCitizen

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Lawrenceville, GA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Swan
Member #

We’re here in NE GA. Haven’t been very active but changing that this year. Can’t wait for the trails to open up

CURRIN1776

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Portal, GA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Currin
Member #

Hello everyone,
New Member and looking forward to learning and sharing. I'm in Southeast GA about an hour North of Savannah. Well versed in Survival, Prepping, Camping etc. Lots of Offroad adventures growing up and time spent in the Outdoors hunting and fishing. Born and raised in a once rural town in NC. Now living here in a small rural town. Working on building out my 2011 F-150 and hope to test for HAM license next month. Anyone here close to Southeast GA?

Dre01SS

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Atlanta, GA, USA
First Name
Andre
Last Name
Urquiza
Member #

Hello everyone,
New Member and looking forward to learning and sharing. I'm in Southeast GA about an hour North of Savannah. Well versed in Survival, Prepping, Camping etc. Lots of Offroad adventures growing up and time spent in the Outdoors hunting and fishing. Born and raised in a once rural town in NC. Now living here in a small rural town. Working on building out my 2011 F-150 and hope to test for HAM license next month. Anyone here close to Southeast GA?
I'm about 4hr away, but welcome to Overland Bound!

RangerLander

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Cumming, Ga
First Name
Will
Last Name
Quinto
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4HRR
Hi everyone, new member here in Cumming, GA. Been watching a lot of Overlanding videos on YouTube the past year or so and finally made jump and went straight into it this year! Excited to meet some new folks and get out there more.

Reactions: CURRIN1776

JetTechGV

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Bloomingdale, GA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
McKelvey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4YBB
I am on Savannah, and plan on exploring the GA Traverse over several trips. I have never been but have heard about tray Mt. Any tips on were to start on the traverse or just general info is appreciated.
Im in Savannah as well. I've been thinking about setting up a group with a monthly meet up in the local area and I'm wondering how many people are here that would show up.
Let me know if you are interested and if you know anyone else who might be interested. If I get enough people I'll try and throw something together.

Reactions: Lil Bear and Eddy G

TacoSupremoATL

Rank 0

Contributor I

Cumming, GA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Daniel
Hey folks, new member here. I’m in the Cumming/Dawsonville area and interested in getting out and exploring with some ppl. I’m about to pull the trigger on a RTT, so I’m particularly interested in finding some sweet camping spots all over north GA. I made the trek today to Lake Conasauga, and that was a pretty cool spot. I have heard the Cohutta has a ton of areas to explore.

Fly_hippie

Rank III
Launch Member

Member II

Dawson County, GA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Morning -
I live in Dawson county, just over the Forsyth county line. RTT doesn't work for us, but I spend a a lot of time running the trails and camping in N Ga. Most anything around Suches is good, Lake Dockery is nice. Nimblewill has some really good sites next to the river. iOverlander is a good resource for sites and reviews. Let me know if I can help.

Reactions: TacoSupremoATL

Cj13

Rank II

Contributor II

Mount Olive, AL, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

I'm a little north of you in Knoxville, TN. We have Windrock Park here and it has over 300 miles of trails and a very nice campground. Trails vary from mild to extreme.

Sent from Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Wind rock is an awesome place. Probably one of my favorites. I haven't been in a couple years

Darthbaggins

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Acworth, GA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Cromartie
Member #

I'm back in Acworth/Kennesaw GA here - moved back from MA - currently the T4R is parked till I can get around to doing some much needed maintenance on it, so I'm rocking the '01 WJ for now.

Reactions: Wildmanreed

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

I'm in the savannah area also!!

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

Im in Savannah as well. I've been thinking about setting up a group with a monthly meet up in the local area and I'm wondering how many people are here that would show up.
Let me know if you are interested and if you know anyone else who might be interested. If I get enough people I'll try and throw something together.
I'm in savannah!! I would like to get a group together sometime!!

Wildmanreed

Rank IV

Advocate III

Dallas, Georgia, United States
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum, and overlanding in general. I live in Woodstock, Ga (Just north of Atlanta) and was hoping to get in touch with anyone near my area. I would love to hear of any events in the general vicinity which I could take my family. I'm also interested in learning about any good trail rides around.

If your in Georgia or neighbor to the north (Tennessee, South Carolina), I'd love to hear from you to discuss areas that are OHV Camping friendly.

Thanks in advance,
Brent
I live just on the other side of 75 from you over in Dallas right on the Cobb boarder I am 5 minutes from Harrison HS