Enthusiast III

Boulder Drive, Roswell, GA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Schultz
Member #

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum, and overlanding in general. I live in Woodstock, Ga (Just north of Atlanta) and was hoping to get in touch with anyone near my area. I would love to hear of any events in the general vicinity which I could take my family. I'm also interested in learning about any good trail rides around.

If your in Georgia or neighbor to the north (Tennessee, South Carolina), I'd love to hear from you to discuss areas that are OHV Camping friendly.

Thanks in advance,
Brent

Kaioken

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jacksonville, FL, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Casiano
Member #

Oh man. I just moved to the nearby Miami region and I am planning on looking at places around Georgia/Alabama border for future adventuring. I will keep you in mind for whenever I go up there this summer.

Reactions: Brentski

DirtyRice120

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

I'm a little north of you in Knoxville, TN. We have Windrock Park here and it has over 300 miles of trails and a very nice campground. Trails vary from mild to extreme.

Sent from Sunnyvale Trailer Park

Reactions: Nomadic Mechanic

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
I am in Kentucky, but willing to go to Georgia, Tennessee, WVirginia, Virginia, Carolinas, Bama, Ol' Miss, etc...:sunglasses:

RescueRangers

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fleming Island, Fl
Member #

Check out the National Forests, you have three or four almost in your backyard. You have a lot of options up your way. We are heading through the Blue Ridge Wildlife Management Area this spring which is northeast of Dahlongega.

Reactions: thedaddybadger

Brentski

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boulder Drive, Roswell, GA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Schultz
Member #

You guys are great! Lots of great info. I wish I'd shared this earlier, but there seems that there is a group ride coming up this weekend in Tennessee that goes through the Nemo Tunnels. It's a multi group meet up (earthbound overland and peach state overland). If you search either group on Facebook you should find the event and the details for it. It looks to be a pretty mild ride, but should have a few water crossings and a few old train tunnels (up to 1/4 mile long). Looks like a fun, and open to anyone.

Esteban

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chattanooga, TN 37406
Member #

I'm good for any Sunday! Saturday's and Friday's will work too, however, i'll a couple of weeks notice in advance to secure the time away.

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
Unfortunately, I have commitments for that weekend. I will definitely look forward to any future Appalachia tracks...

Esteban

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chattanooga, TN 37406
Member #

Is this just a highway route with trails along it??
"Of the 390 total miles presented here, 226 miles are unpaved road surfaces consisting of gravel, dirt or both. Connecting the off-tarmac sections are 164 miles of pavement, with just over 40% of the paved miles found west of the Cohutta and Big Frog Wilderness Loop. "