US Southeast Georgia Traverse NE Sections - 02/10/2018

• HTML tutorial

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

Are the trails wide enough to get my Semi down them? 2500 crew cab long bed.
First part from Burrells Ford to Dillard GA. you should be OK. The 2nd leg especially the crossover from Patterson Gap to Coleman River is tight and a 2500 might catch a lot of limbs. My 2017 Tundra got a few lasting marks going down that section.

Reactions: bubba68

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

Also, what is the rock situation on these trails?
I'd like to know as well.
If you mean rock as in Rocky trail? No problem. The most you might see is in the river when we cross Tallulah and that is nothing. Water depth 12 to 18 inches.

If the weather forecast holds, it may have rained or could be raining the day of the ride. There is a by pass to the river crossing but still there are several more water crossings to come.

A stock height vehicle can do the first section to Dillard. 2nd section and Charlie's Creek could be a problem for a low vehicle in spots but a typical height 4x should be fine.

Reactions: justjames

SawtoothBound

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

CANTON GEORGIA
Member #

I have a group reservation at CASSIDY BRIDGE PRIMITIVE CAMP for Friday Feb 9. Space is limited but if you're interested in joining let me know! I'll be arriving late.

Gordonmedia

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Buford,GA
First Name
Ronnie
Last Name
Gordon
Member #

Well unfortunately I'm backing out I posted this on the FB group but, when Atlanta got his with that snow/ice a few weeks ago I had a lady slide and hit me head on. Bending the frame and front axle so I'm out of commission for awhile y'all have a blast.

Silverback_WK2

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tontitown, AR
Member #

Well unfortunately I'm backing out I posted this on the FB group but, when Atlanta got his with that snow/ice a few weeks ago I had a lady slide and hit me head on. Bending the frame and front axle so I'm out of commission for awhile y'all have a blast.
Oh wow, that was you???
Sorry it happened man, hope it works out for you.

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

Is this trip doable in a stock subaru forester. I havnt had it long enough to upgrade yet and want to get out
could my Subaru Forester make it. I have a 5 month old baby and a wife but I want to get out. its stock height and tires,
The first section from Burrells Ford at SC State line to Dillard Ga. will be no problem. The 2nd section may and the Charlie's Creek area may be a problem as well. Sounds like a few may leave the group in Dillard as there is talk about some going just down the road to Tallulah Falls State Park which is well worth a visit anytime. Earlier forecasts were calling for lots of rain next week but the latest is saying beautiful, dry and mild all week so track conditions on the trail should be excellent. Only 2 wheel drive needed on first section.

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

Sorry to hear that. There will be more to come.

Some interesting conversations are taking place about even bigger and better. This is a learning experience for everyone but some really cool stuff is being floated. If you are not ready to camp, do what you can to start getting to that point (me too) and I'll just leave it there for now.
;)