US Southeast Georgia Traverse NE Sections - 02/10/2018

• HTML tutorial

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

So jealous!!! Just got us a new rig and have pretty much just finished our trailer build.... I literally just picked up my temp tag for the trailer, so can get it weighed and officially registered. I'll be watching for pics and videos!!! Hope y'all have a great run!!! Would love to join y'all for the next one!!!
View attachment 47456 View attachment 47457
Nice trailer. A DIY? Post up a walk around of your trailer in the trailers area of the forum so the rest of us can drool over your handy work!

Reactions: tkt0912

tkt0912

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Space Coast, Florida
Member #

Nice trailer. A DIY? Post up a walk around of your trailer in the trailers area of the forum so the rest of us can drool over your handy work!
Thanks so much!!! Will do. I did post a very mild build thread in the trailer section..... Just not a video yet. Just trying to get through a punch list of things, between our new FJ and the trailer...... we're almost there!!!!

Reactions: Keith McAlister

Vman1313 Adventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maysville, GA, USA
First Name
Vman1313
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

To all who rode on Saturday...would anybody be upset or against me putting their OB# on the video? I thought it would be cool but if anybody is against it, let me know. Also, if you dont want your rig in the video, let me know and I will take it out. Forgot to ask while we were riding but I was having so much fun that I forgot to.

WillRunner

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loganville, GA
Member #

Yes, I agree with everyone else... thanks Keith!!! You put together a great event and thanks to everyone who came out, you all made this run fantastic!!! I posted some river crossing pics on the trip report thread, check them out and feel free to add to the thread!

SawtoothBound

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

CANTON GEORGIA
Member #

To all who rode on Saturday...would anybody be upset or against me putting their OB# on the video? I thought it would be cool but if anybody is against it, let me know. Also, if you dont want your rig in the video, let me know and I will take it out. Forgot to ask while we were riding but I was having so much fun that I forgot to.
fine with me. Thanks for asking!

Vman1313 Adventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maysville, GA, USA
First Name
Vman1313
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

Alright Overland Bound Southeast Members who attended the Fen 2018 Meet and Ride...my Teaser Video is ready for viewing. I wanted to make a super short teaser video before my normal full length videos but with 12 rigs and a super cool creek crossing, the video ran longer than I wished. Having said that, I hope yall enjoy seeing your rig from a different perspective and in a real cool setting.

(I left OFF OB Numbers in the Teaser Video but will add them in full length video I make.)

Eric Neal

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Atlanta, GA
Member #

Alright Overland Bound Southeast Members who attended the Fen 2018 Meet and Ride...my Teaser Video is ready for viewing. I wanted to make a super short teaser video before my normal full length videos but with 12 rigs and a super cool creek crossing, the video ran longer than I wished. Having said that, I hope yall enjoy seeing your rig from a different perspective and in a real cool setting.

(I left OFF OB Numbers in the Teaser Video but will add them in full length video I make.)

Way cool, thanks

Doug C

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jasper, Georgia, USA
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Camara
Member #

Well done sir!

J R

Rank 0

Traveler I

Earth
Member #

I've been very interested in doing this run... Is it a full 3 day excursion start/end? Is it a pack-in/pack-out or do you pass through towns in between (bring all food ahead of trip, or able to resupply each day)? Any concerns during rainy season? When are we targeting the next excursion?

Reactions: WillRunner

Doug C

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jasper, Georgia, USA
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Camara
Member #

I've been very interested in doing this run... Is it a full 3 day excursion start/end? Is it a pack-in/pack-out or do you pass through towns in between (bring all food ahead of trip, or able to resupply each day)? Any concerns during rainy season? When are we targeting the next excursion?
You do pass through or near towns as you do hit pavement here and there. Concern during any rainy weather would be potential road closures. Nothing you probably can't navigate around. We had one closed on this trip that Keith knew about and navigated us around. Make sure you bring a chainsaw just in case. They do a pretty good job of keeping the roads cleared but you never know. I would say it is 3 days depending on how much driving you want to do and if you do the whole route. West of I75 isn't much dirt and I would pass on it if you want. If you do go East to West and don't go pass I75 I would say you could complete it in 2 days. Again, depends on how much driving you want to do each day.

Reactions: tkt0912