Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I no longer have the email address I created my store account. I can message someone that email. I need to change my store account email to buy the Gazelle deal today. Please advise.

Thanks.
Hi there! Today is the last day! Can you email michael@overlandbound.com and I will update your store account? I need previous email, or name. Thanks!

M

Reactions: Frdmskr and dziner

Sarge368

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Darby, MT
First Name
John
Last Name
Branham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7ECC
I got my Gazelle T3 tent in and it is great. It is super easy to set up, well built AND it does fit easily into the back of my Jeep TJ. I had measured the TJ and looked at the specs for the T3 but still had doubts as to whether it would "technically" fit or be easy to get in and out. I am happy to say that it is very easy to get in and out of the Jeep. I was afraid that I would be twisting, turning and shoving to get it in.

Attachments

dziner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I picked up the Gazelle T3 here at OB. It was a good deal I couldn't pass up. Got it just in time for a weekend camping trip in Green Ridge State Forest in Maryland with Ridge Overland. It's a 3-person tent which means it's an awesome 1-person tent. It was just me and my pup, but I use 2 sleeping pads for more comfy space (I really want the Exped Mega Mat Duo, but damn it's expensive). At 5'6", I can stand up in it. Plenty of room for my gear and a Buddy Heater. Setup was really simple, as was tear down. I wish there was a foot print for these. I used a tarp, but it's kinda hard to get things lined up well. It rained all Friday evening and I was dry and cozy. The Buddy Heater had this very warm running on low in about 3 minutes (temps in the 40's outside).

My only complaint is the doors. And it was the first things I noticed when I was watching the video with Michael setting one up. I'm thinking to myself "who the hell designed a door with an angled bottom like that?" And sure enough, the angled bottom part of the door is a tripping hazard. You can't simply glide in and out of this tent. You need to step over that angled bottom part of the door which is shaped like a triangle. Other than that, I'm super happy. Much more affordable than the OZ tents, not as heavy as an OZ tent, and doesn't take up as much space as an OZ tent.

Sarge368

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Darby, MT
First Name
John
Last Name
Branham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7ECC
I picked up the Gazelle T3 here at OB. It was a good deal I couldn't pass up. Got it just in time for a weekend camping trip in Green Ridge State Forest in Maryland with Ridge Overland. It's a 3-person tent which means it's an awesome 1-person tent. It was just me and my pup, but I use 2 sleeping pads for more comfy space (I really want the Exped Mega Mat Duo, but damn it's expensive). At 5'6", I can stand up in it. Plenty of room for my gear and a Buddy Heater. Setup was really simple, as was tear down. I wish there was a foot print for these. I used a tarp, but it's kinda hard to get things lined up well. It rained all Friday evening and I was dry and cozy. The Buddy Heater had this very warm running on low in about 3 minutes (temps in the 40's outside).

My only complaint is the doors. And it was the first things I noticed when I was watching the video with Michael setting one up. I'm thinking to myself "who the hell designed a door with an angled bottom like that?" And sure enough, the angled bottom part of the door is a tripping hazard. You can't simply glide in and out of this tent. You need to step over that angled bottom part of the door which is shaped like a triangle. Other than that, I'm super happy. Much more affordable than the OZ tents, not as heavy as an OZ tent, and doesn't take up as much space as an OZ tent.

View attachment 92687
Just ordered two Exped Mega Mats (not the duo) from REI. They are expensive but REI had a member coupon for 20% off one item and we had our dividend from last year. Liked the Duo but wanted the flexibility of carrying just one if I camp by myself in the TJ. Your camp setup looks good.

Reactions: dziner

Mattyspies3

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Seattle, WA, USA
Member #

Thanks for the posts about experience with the rain. I too was worried about that and the durability of the tent itself. For the money I am giving it a shot. Will give updates after my two little boys have had a chance to try to break it;)

Reactions: Sarge368

Steve in Roanoke VA

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Roanoke VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Janosko
Member #

Just wondering if anyone uses the Gazelle screen rooms? Considering one but the description online says "water resistant". I only want/need a waterPROOF top, because we get a lot of rain. Will use for camp kitchen/ hang out in rainy weather.

Steve in Roanoke VA

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Roanoke VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Janosko
Member #

Just ordered two Exped Mega Mats (not the duo) from REI. They are expensive but REI had a member coupon for 20% off one item and we had our dividend from last year. Liked the Duo but wanted the flexibility of carrying just one if I camp by myself in the TJ. Your camp setup looks good.
Just got our Exped Mega Mat Duo, LOVE IT! FYI was going to order at REI for same reasons, but got it cheaper at campsaver.com. The Duo fits the length of my truck (6 feet) perfectly and is enough room for me and my wife, or very comfy for when I go solo.

Reactions: Sarge368 and dziner

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
My wife and I bought the Gazelle T4 a few weeks ago. We've taken it on two trips – third planned for Easter weekend – and it's been amazing.

It literally sets up in less than a minute. Breakdown is just as easy. And it's sooo nice being able to stand fully upright in any part of the tent (I'm 5'10").

Another feature that I never would have even thought of as a "feature" is how the basin bottom is attached to the walls via Velcro. On our last trip, we were in and out of the tent a lot, so we ended up tracking in a lot of dirt and debris. Before I packed up the tent, I simply unvelcroed a portion of one side and it enabled me to easily sweep the debris straight out without having to use a dustpan.

BlueRidge150

Rank I

Contributor III

Greer, SC
My wife and I bought the Gazelle T4 a few weeks ago. We've taken it on two trips – third planned for Easter weekend – and it's been amazing.

It literally sets up in less than a minute. Breakdown is just as easy. And it's sooo nice being able to stand fully upright in any part of the tent (I'm 5'10").

Another feature that I never would have even thought of as a "feature" is how the basin bottom is attached to the walls via Velcro. On our last trip, we were in and out of the tent a lot, so we ended up tracking in a lot of dirt and debris. Before I packed up the tent, I simply unvelcroed a portion of one side and it enabled me to easily sweep the debris straight out without having to use a dustpan.
Yea I read about the feature, but didn’t really think much of it... until I was thankful for it after tracking in a ton of dirt.

Reactions: Jeffrey Dill

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
Yea I read about the feature, but didn’t really think much of it... until I was thankful for it after tracking in a ton of dirt.
Haha, exactly. When I watched the demo video I thought "OK, I guess that's neat but when am I ever going to completely take off the bottom of the tent for any reason?"

And then after I had the tent spotless in 5 minutes because I could unvelcro the one side I was all like "My gosh, is there anything this tent can't do?!" :hearteyes:

Owasco

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

1336 Bellview HTS Locke NY
Member #

I had a chance to use my T4 a couple of weekends ago. The high temperature was about 70 on day three, low temperatures were in the low to mid 30's. When I arrived it was rain mixed with a little snow, it only took a couple of minutes to set it up even though it was my first time even taking the tent out of its bag. I use a cot in a tent. There was plenty of room for all of my gear and it would have comfortably held another cot. I used a buddy heater to warm it up but turned it off to sleep. Overall I am very happy with the tent. I was completely dry inside, no leaks. Lots of room, easy to set up, and can stand up inside to change clothes. Not sure what else I would want or 20190405_175206.jpgneed a tent to do.

Reactions: dziner and Sarge368

Jeff B

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Putnam County, New York, USA
Member #

I had a chance to use my T4 a couple of weekends ago. The high temperature was about 70 on day three, low temperatures were in the low to mid 30's. When I arrived it was rain mixed with a little snow, it only took a couple of minutes to set it up even though it was my first time even taking the tent out of its bag. I use a cot in a tent. There was plenty of room for all of my gear and it would have comfortably held another cot. I used a buddy heater to warm it up but turned it off to sleep. Overall I am very happy with the tent. I was completely dry inside, no leaks. Lots of room, easy to set up, and can stand up inside to change clothes. Not sure what else I would want or View attachment 93971need a tent to do.
Do you use the rooftop box to transport the tent, or will it fit across in the back of the Jeep?

Jeff B

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Putnam County, New York, USA
Member #

I just went out to give it a try. It will not fit with the seats up. It would with at least one of them down. I never gave it much thought since I had planned on using the rooftop box. Hope this helps.
Yes thank you. I was thinking it would not fit. And since I have 2 passengers in the back I can not lay the seats down

gDanCO

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor III

Thornton, CO, USA
Member #

I purchased a Hub 3 and used it on a recent trip to SE Utah. Tte tent is as advertised, well constructed, sets up and comes down easily. From what I can see great construction and at 5'10" I can stand upright in it. Should last a long time with care. Only downsides as metioned by others, it is heavy and large, not a backpacking tent and because of the X frame construction, the entry / exit doors are small for tents this size.

IMG_3954.jpg

dziner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

What are people using as a footprint for these tents? I ALWAYS place something under my tent when setting it up. Every tent I've owned in the last 15 years has had a footprint designed to fit exactly under each tent. My North Face tent footprint actually attaches to the poles which helps keep it in place.

Each time I used the T3, I placed a large tarp folded up under the tent. But it's kind of a pain to get it folded to fit properly.