US Southwest For Sale - California (San Diego) - 4runner 4th Gen Custom storage system with Fridge/Freezer, $2850 - Local Pick Up

• HTML tutorial

victhewanderer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego
Member #

Hello Overland Bound Community,
I'm selling my custom storage system with Fridge/Freezer. This is a very well built system bolted down to the 4 bolt connections of the trunk area of a 4th Generation Toyota 4runner. It is solid and fully tested on a road trip to the Canadian Artic Ocean via the Demster Highway that lasted about 5 months. Never had any issues with this storage system or Fridge/Freezer. The storage system was built on January 2018.

The storage system is made of the following materials:

Base: 3/4" Pine
Storage walls/top: 3/4" Maple
Storage backing: 1/2" Birch
Drawer face: 1/2" Birch
Drawer walls/backing 3/4" Maple
Fridge support: 1/2" Birch and 2" Aluminum Angle (Frame)

All wood connections are made with Kreg Jig pocket hole systems (much stronger)

All drawers are lockable - 3/4 drawers have a T-handle locking latch by Whitecap
All 4 drawers have sliders rated at 250lbs with a full extention of 28"
The Fridge/Freezer slider is rated at 500lbs with a full extension 28" lock in/ lock out.
Fridge/Freezer is a 50qrt ARB - bought in Sept 2017 but only used from May-Oct 2018) Fully functional, no scratches - very well maintained throughout its use/storage. It has a 3 year warranty from date of purchase (ends Sept 2020) and comes with a custom insulator sleeve.

The link below will provide more pictures with dimensions

Storage System/Fridge photos

I'm asking for $2850 o.b.o. for the storage system and Fridge/Freezer (local pick up only)

Thanks for your interest.

Last edited:

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
That's awesome! Good luck with the sale.

Would you separate the fridge/freezer from the combo? If so, how much?

victhewanderer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego
Member #

That's awesome! Good luck with the sale.

Would you separate the fridge/freezer from the combo? If so, how much?
I have not thought of it selling seperate yet. however, are you asking for storage system stand alone or fridge/freezer stand alone pricing?
Thanks for checking out the post.

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
The fridge/freezer. I love the storage system, but I have my concerns about it fitting in the back of my JK, and it would be a travesty to chop up that piece of work to make it fit.

victhewanderer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego
Member #

The fridge/freezer. I love the storage system, but I have my concerns about it fitting in the back of my JK, and it would be a travesty to chop up that piece of work to make it fit.
Ok. I'll keep it in mind. I know 4wheelparts (where i bought it) sells it for 980+tax (includes transit bag). Not sure right now what i would ask for it. If i can't sell it in a couple of weeks, i'll be more willing to sell it as a stand alone unit. feel free to make an offer.

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
Ok. I'll keep it in mind. I know 4wheelparts (where i bought it) sells it for 980+tax (includes transit bag). Not sure right now what i would ask for it. If i can't sell it in a couple of weeks, i'll be more willing to sell it as a stand alone unit. feel free to make an offer.
Will do. Let me ponder it and will let you know. I am down in the LA area a lot since thats where family is, so a trip down to San Diego wouldn't be difficult for me at all.

Reactions: victhewanderer