AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
2011 FJ Cruiser purchased in March 2013.

Current Mods:
Warrior Rack
Expedition One front bumper
Smittybilt X3 Winch with synthetic line
4 Ram Mounts
2 Ham radios
1 CB
4 additional USB Ports
2 Additional 12volt ports in back for fridge and whatever else
ARB Compressor under the hood
Steel skid plates
Snorkel
OME Lift
33" Cooper STT Pro Tires

2017 Turtleback Trailer

She has been as far north as the Canadian border in Montana and as far south as Guerro Negro in Baja with a whole lot in between.

Future Mods:
Expedition One rear bumper with swingout
Re-gear because of larger tires
100 watt Solar panel for roof rack

Major Trips:
AZ Border to Border
UT Border to Border
ID Border to Border
Baja North 2015/2016
Death Valley 2016
Mohave Road 2015
El Camino Del Diablo
Northwest Overland Rally 2016
Multiple trips to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon
Lockhart Basin Trail
White Rim Trail Utah 2016

Future Trips in 2017:
Return to Death Balley
Eclipse run to WY

Owned since 2013. Purchased with 10,000 miles on it. Now has 82,000

Last edited:

GreenMachine02

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Oakwood, Ohio
Member #

2011 FJ Cruiser purchased in March 2013.

Current Mods:
Warrior Rack
Expedition One front bumper
Smittybilt X3 Winch with synthetic line
4 Ram Mounts
2 Ham radios
1 CB
4 additional USB Ports
2 Additional 12volt ports in back for fridge and whatever else
ARB Compressor under the hood
Steel skid plates
Snorkel
OME Lift
33" Cooper STT Pro Tires

2017 Turtleback Trailer

She has been as far north as the Canadian border in Montana and as far south as Guerro Negro in Baja with a whole lot in between.

Future Mods:
Expedition One rear bumper with swingout
Re-gear because of larger tires
100 watt Solar panel for roof rack

Major Trips:
AZ Border to Border
UT Border to Border
ID Border to Border
Baja North 2015/2016
Death Valley 2016
Mohave Road 2015
El Camino Del Diablo
Northwest Overland Rally 2016
Multiple trips to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon
Lockhart Basin Trail
White Rim Trail Utah 2016

Future Trips in 2017:
Return to Death Balley
Eclipse run to WY

Owned since 2013. Purchased with 10,000 miles on it. Now has 82,000

How do you like the STT Pros? I am running the ST Maxxs and was thinking about going full MT.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
How do you like the STT Pros? I am running the ST Maxxs and was thinking about going full MT.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
There is a long thread on Expedition Portal comparing the two. Might be another one on here. Great tires but they sucked on ice when aired down. I will need to go to a empty road with snow and ice to compare aired up and aired down some day. Next snow trip with the trailer I will have chains just in case.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/164238-STT-Pro-or-ST-Maxx?highlight=STT+pro

Last edited:
Reactions: GreenMachine02

GreenMachine02

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Oakwood, Ohio
Member #

Drift

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

There is a long thread on Expedition Portal comparing the two. Might be another one on here. Great tires but they sucked on ice when aired down. I will need to go to a empty road with snow and ice to compare aired up and aired down some day. Next snow trip with the trailer I will have chains just in case.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/164238-STT-Pro-or-ST-Maxx?highlight=STT+pro
@MidwestOverlanders You want chime in on this?

From what I seen from this weekends trip, he was the only one not sliding around on the ice covered roads, but he dies carry some good weight. (STT Pro's).

Sent from my SM-G935P using OB Talk mobile app

MidwestOverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Indianapolis, IN
Member #

@MidwestOverlanders You want chime in on this?

From what I seen from this weekends trip, he was the only one not sliding around on the ice covered roads, but he dies carry some good weight. (STT Pro's).

Sent from my SM-G935P using OB Talk mobile app
Not sure how much I can add, as I didn't air down on our last trip. I run the STT Pros on a 8100lb truck and they stuck like glue on the ice during our recent winter camp out in Michigan. We spent 4 days driving over layers of ice and I never once spun my tires. Thats running 28 PSI. That could be partial tires + weight of truck, or it could be all tires. Who knows.

beck4u

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Patterson, CA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Becker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6JAG
Hi everyone. I drive a 2010 FJ. I've had her for for about 10 months. So far I've added All Pro Sliders and a Warrior Products roof rack to hold my Tepui RTT. Most of the mods I've done are on the inside including Cobra CB, Arb Fridge, DLR switch, Rear door mod and a DIY cargo net. Upcoming mods include Toytech lift and some kind of front bumper/winch. I'm also working on a dual battery setup.

I'm new at offroad but every time I take her out she impresses me!IMG_1575.JPG IMG_2544.JPG

Drift

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

Hi everyone. I drive a 2010 FJ. I've had her for for about 10 months. So far I've added All Pro Sliders and a Warrior Products roof rack to hold my Tepui RTT. Most of the mods I've done are on the inside including Cobra CB, Arb Fridge, DLR switch, Rear door mod and a DIY cargo net. Upcoming mods include Toytech lift and some kind of front bumper/winch. I'm also working on a dual battery setup.

I'm new at offroad but every time I take her out she impresses me!View attachment 15066 View attachment 15069
Looking good! Not sure what route you want to take with the winch bumper, but I love this one. It's from US Offroad.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Jade Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Minneola, FL
2008 FJ I purchased in 2011. I meant to keep it relatively stock, maybe a leveling kit and some tires, fog lights, that sort of thing. I got to watching Expedition Overland and things got out of control like they normally do with me and vehicles lol. My build page can be found on Expo Portal, some of the pics have timed out, but most of them are still there. I love the platform, and it'll probably be with me for a while.

There are some really nice rigs in here.

http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/143633-2008-FJ-Cruiser-build-thread