FJ Cruiser registry

• HTML tutorial

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Just had a friend who owns a Body Shop here in town give me a price quote of $1500 to armor my complete FJ with the spray liner he uses. It looks pretty amazing. My wife said with all of the places we go where we get scratches it would be worth it. And then she offered to let me use some of our tax return to get it done. Pretty sure I'm in. What do you all think? It will be Raptor Liner.

https://shedheads.net/raptor-liner/

Willmh3

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Tennessee Colony, Texas
Member #

Def looks hardcore. Any worries about the fading associated with most bedliners? I have seen some that almost look white and chalky after a couple of years.

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Def looks hardcore. Any worries about the fading associated with most bedliners? I have seen some that almost look white and chalky after a couple of years.
Apparently they have made a lot of improvements since the first one came out many years ago. I think it was Rhinoliner or something like that. He guaranteed that this Raptor liner would not fade. Only thing he warned me about was that I better want it because once it is on there it is NOT coming off. lol

Willmh3

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Tennessee Colony, Texas
Member #

Anyone had any experience with the Pure FJ Standard Duty rock sliders? They are shaped kind of like All Pros, but for a few hundred cheaper...
I was just looking at these a couple days ago. Going to keep my eyes on the replies see what people have to say about them

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

Like all things, you get what you pay for.

Are those sliders DOM?

After having to bash sliders against a rock, repeatedly, after breaking a front axle shaft on a tough trail... I learned to appreciate my sturdy sliders. They didn't dent at all... I was quite amazed.
They are the Allpro Apex sliders.

Reactions: Cully74

Cully74

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Old Hickory, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Cullum
Member #

I did some research throughout the day while I should have been working, and realized that All Pro makes standard sliders that are not too far from the price of the Pure FJ ones. If you change the All Pros from standard to heavy duty, then things change a bit. I ended up getting a pair of the All Pro HD Sliders. Not the top of the line Apex ones, but in the middle of those and the standards...

Cully74

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Old Hickory, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Cullum
Member #

Nice! I have some 285/70/17s that were on my FJ when I bought it. I thought mine stood a little taller on the road than some of the others! LOL.

Sent from my secret moon base...

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

So, I'm starting to see that either there are no Jerry Can mounts that will fit on a stock FJ roof rack, or they are just really good at hiding all the info on the internet. Lol.
You could always get a really big marine type one and mount it up there.
I wouldn't recommend rock crawling with it due to raising the CG though.