FJ Cruiser registry

• HTML tutorial

TnK1

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Hollywood park, Tx
Member #

2008 FJ I purchased in 2011. I meant to keep it relatively stock, maybe a leveling kit and some tires, fog lights, that sort of thing. I got to watching Expedition Overland and things got out of control like they normally do with me and vehicles lol. My build page can be found on Expo Portal, some of the pics have timed out, but most of them are still there. I love the platform, and it'll probably be with me for a while.

There are some really nice rigs in here.

http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/143633-2008-FJ-Cruiser-build-thread

Nice set up that's honestly my exact same story, I was looking up Fj stuff and came across XO

Reactions: Jade Overland

Louiston

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

USA
First Name
Lou
Last Name
N/A
I bought this 2010 TT last August. It only had 47000 miles on it, and I doubt it was ever off a paved road. Needless to say I was pretty thrilled to get it as I have wanted an FJ for several years.

Having it for 9 months now I've kind of figured out what I'd like to do as far as mods go. I'm also planning a trip to Alaska next spring/summer so this is also playing a part in the modifications.

I'm leaning towards a Baja Rack, Maggiolina RTT, and an Icon Stage 2 suspension/lift for starters. I'll be attending Overland Expo in Flagstaff this weekend and I'm sure I'll have a much better idea come next Monday, LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: ASNOBODY and hopdup

hopdup

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Aliquippa
Member #

If I was to do mine all over again. I'd go with OME BP-51. Heavy springs cause I like to camp/load it down. Plus have the ability to adjust the rear compression and rebound. Not many kits under $3k can boast that.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: ASNOBODY

hopdup

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Aliquippa
Member #

If you don't want to go too crazy or start replacing control arms and things, THIS is a great combo.
That's exactly what I started with. I used Bilstein/Toytec/Metal Tech. But, I wanted as much travel as I could get. And I'm still working the bugs out. Also used spacers up front to get my lift instead of having to preload the springs and have a bouncy ride up front.

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

If I was to do mine all over again. I'd go with OME BP-51. Heavy springs cause I like to camp/load it down. Plus have the ability to adjust the rear compression and rebound. Not many kits under $3k can boast that.

I personally think the BP-51 kit is ideal…that's why I'm putting it on this fall *insert sunshine emerging from clouds*, but I suggested the Bilstein 6112 because it's pretty cheap and does a fantastic job.

Reactions: hopdup

hopdup

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Aliquippa
Member #

The SPC Light Racing arms are the only ones I know of that provide adjustment for Caster/Camber correction. They are in my Amazon Shopping Cart. Lol.

hopdup

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Aliquippa
Member #

I didn't know that about the Icon kit. It looks like they are a "balanced" kit. Where they correct, then the camber & caster can be set using the lower control arms. Personally I like having the ability to adjust.

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

The icons have the caster correction built in. All you do is have a normal alignment using the factory cam bolts. I run them on my fj. Same with camburg and a bunch of other companies.

OB 1466

Louiston

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

USA
First Name
Lou
Last Name
N/A
Ok, in the 2000.00 area for a proper lift/suspension and the ability to have proper alignment and a vehicle that behaves well on and off road.
I'll look at OME, ToyTec, Bilstein and Icon and play "Pin the Tail on the Donkey", LOL.

Reactions: hopdup

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

2010 FJ Cruiser - Iceberg White
All factory options except bluetooth

A few mods so far:
Toytec leveling kit w/Bilstein shocks
Trailworx A-Pillar mount w/ 50" curved LED light bar
LED Headlight Conversion
Rear diff snorkel mod
Communications / CB / Bandi Mount
Expedition One Sliders

Too many future plans to list :)
FJ2 by Danny Romero, on Flickr
So glad I found this thread! I have been looking for months for that light bar mount on your FJ with no success. Found it now! Thanks!

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

2011 FJ Cruiser purchased in March 2013.

Current Mods:
Warrior Rack
Expedition One front bumper
Smittybilt X3 Winch with synthetic line
4 Ram Mounts
2 Ham radios
1 CB
4 additional USB Ports
2 Additional 12volt ports in back for fridge and whatever else
ARB Compressor under the hood
Steel skid plates
Snorkel
OME Lift
33" Cooper STT Pro Tires

2017 Turtleback Trailer

She has been as far north as the Canadian border in Montana and as far south as Guerro Negro in Baja with a whole lot in between.

Future Mods:
Expedition One rear bumper with swingout
Re-gear because of larger tires
100 watt Solar panel for roof rack

Major Trips:
AZ Border to Border
UT Border to Border
ID Border to Border
Baja North 2015/2016
Death Valley 2016
Mohave Road 2015
El Camino Del Diablo
Northwest Overland Rally 2016
Multiple trips to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon
Lockhart Basin Trail
White Rim Trail Utah 2016

Future Trips in 2017:
Return to Death Balley
Eclipse run to WY

Owned since 2013. Purchased with 10,000 miles on it. Now has 82,000

Love the setup! How does the FJ do at pulling that amazing trailer?

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

IMG_5101.JPG
My "Little Girl". I don't think I have ever loved a vehicle more than this one. LOL. This was right after I installed the Smittybilt front and rear bumpers and Smittybilt winch.

Cully74

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Old Hickory, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Cullum
Member #

MAN you guys have some nice FJs!!!!! I just got mine not too long ago, but its 100% stock. I love it though! Best ride I've ever had by far, and my first off-road vehicle so I'm a newbie. Trying to figure out where to begin with upgrades. My brain is telling me to start with protection (rails, skid plates, stuff like that). Unfortunately its my main car, so doings mods that effect gas mileage isn't high on my list. Just need to do some things to it before it's worthy for a picture in here. Lol. Great pics guys! Now I'm ready to go spend all my money. Haha.