WV
First Name
Derek
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K8CD
I’m hoping to visit WV some this year. I’ll definitely put that on my list.
I'm not sure what kind of vehicle you'll be in but the Canaan Loop Road is nearby as well. If you enter the road from Route 32 South of Davis the first half is mostly forest road with some good camping off of it. Once you pass the trailhead for Table Top Rocks you'll hit a section that is recommended for 4x4 vehicles only. That starts the "Off-road section". There are some small rock obstacles and creek crossings. More camp sites back there to right off the trail. It's a nice area. I've done the road myself solo but make sure you're comfortable with your vehicle if you plan to do that.

It's not hard but it can be very muddy depending on the time of year.

OBGladiator

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Oxford, PA, USA
First Name
Josiah
Last Name
Cagle
Member #

I’m hoping to visit WV some this year. I’ll definitely put that on my list.
I'm not sure what kind of vehicle you'll be in but the Canaan Loop Road is nearby as well. If you enter the road from Route 32 South of Davis the first half is mostly forest road with some good camping off of it. Once you pass the trailhead for Table Top Rocks you'll hit a section that is recommended for 4x4 vehicles only. That starts the "Off-road section". There are some small rock obstacles and creek crossings. More camp sites back there to right off the trail. It's a nice area. I've done the road myself solo but make sure you're comfortable with your vehicle if you plan to do that.

It's not hard but it can be very muddy depending on the time of year.
Looks like I’ll be heading down there for Memorial Day weekend. My wife told me today she wants to go to WV and I told her I already knew the place to go. Thank you for the info. I’ll be in my Gladiator and I should have my winch by then.

Attachments

wvjeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

WV
First Name
Derek
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K8CD
Looks like I’ll be heading down there for Memorial Day weekend. My wife told me today she wants to go to WV and I told her I already knew the place to go. Thank you for the info. I’ll be in my Gladiator and I should have my winch by then.
Let me know if you use Gaia GPS, I can send you some waypoints if you'd like.

Reactions: OBGladiator

OBGladiator

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Oxford, PA, USA
First Name
Josiah
Last Name
Cagle
Member #

Let me know if you use Gaia GPS, I can send you some waypoints if you'd like.
Yep I have Gaia GPS.

NMBruce

Rank V

Advocate II

Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0NBD
Service Branch
U.S. Air Force
I have only see a couple in my day, both where occupied by watchers, one many years ago in Washington state and about 2019 in the Gaia of south central NM.