Launch Member

Contributor I

Guanajuato, Mexico
First Name
Brittany
Last Name
Highland
Member #

I am really curious to find families who overland full-time.

I know of Lifestyle Overland overlanding North America, and Epic Family Road Trip who has split time between Jeep/RV and been a lot of places.

I've run into a handful of other families who have done year-long overlanding, or some stretch like the Pan-American Highway. They aren't usually from the U.S. (@raised_on_the_road on IG has done some epic overlanding with two young kids, but they recently got off the road and settled back down in France).

Then of course there are my heroes, the Snaith Family from the UK ("Overlanding Family"), who spent four years literally driving around the world with two young daughters. I'm binge-reading every travel log they ever wrote, so feel free to ask me questions. ;)

I'm constantly searching, but not coming up with much. If you know of any full-time overlanding families, please let me know! We plan to embark on a Snaith-esque journey is about three years, so I'm eager to learn.

Brittany Highland

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Guanajuato, Mexico
First Name
Brittany
Last Name
Highland
Member #

I know of mroe families that are off the grid and in either a rv or travel trailer but not 100% overland
Absolutely! I've spent more than five years in the full-time RV space, and families selling everything to travel in an RV is a growing movement. But not quite the same as overlanding!

Reactions: Raul B

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

I was going to suggest the same overlanding families you mentioned. I enjoyed watching all the videos, even though any more it is just myself traveling now days, wife and I have been separated for 2-1/2 years. Just do I while you still can! Vance.

Reactions: Brittany Highland