F150 Overland build

• HTML tutorial

Brian H

Rank 0

Contributor I

Nice rig! I have a 2015 F150 and I can not find bumpers, front mostly or rock sliders. What do you suggest? I have been looking into overlanding for a wile now. We do A lot of beach camping. Lots of rocks and trees here in the mountains of NC. I need to protect my new truck lol

Attachments

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Nice rig! I have a 2015 F150 and I can not find bumpers, front mostly or rock sliders. What do you suggest? I have been looking into overlanding for a wile now. We do A lot of beach camping. Lots of rocks and trees here in the mountains of NC. I need to protect my new truck lol
My truck is being used right now from one of the best offroad manufacturers to mock up a real offroad front bumper that can take some hits. Honestly there is not a whole lot of people making parts for our trucks. I have yet to find a real company making rocksliders that would function well. We are going to make our own after the front bumper is finished

Brian H

Rank 0

Contributor I

I have checked you guys out, you all do awesome work. I mite have to do some writing to some manufacturers like ARB. We do have the number one selling vehicle in the United States lol have you looked into add a leaf? I have been toying with add a leaf and air bags myself. I do a lot of towing as well.

Reactions: Raul B

JohnO38

Rank 0

Contributor I

Nice!! Seen their bumpers on F250's and Dodges.. I hope they can make one for a 150 that isn't gigantic or a prerunner.. I have a 2015 F150 and have about given up trying to find a winch bumper

Masheen365

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

South GA
Member #

That is easily the thinnest winch bumper I've seen. I like the way it looks on your truck. For my FX4 I'm looking at a beefy Buckstop bumper with grill guard.

Out of curiosity, do you know the price point that this bumper will fit in if they make a production run?

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Whaaaat???? Yup this happened. I'll be doing an extensive review on this and comparing it to our current gps setup
Looking forward to this review and see how it works out for you and what you think on the pros and cons, also the ease of use. [emoji106]

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

After a weekend of fun and my Bumper complete I now have a new lists of things that need to get done to the OverlandF150 build..
  • Suspension! I have gone as far as I can with the stock suspension. The options (performance and price) of the major brands (king, icon, radflo ect)
  • Rock sliders: Seeing that no one makes real rocksliders for my rig my only option is custom. Mercenary offroad already said he can make some but the cost is almost as much as the bumper.....
  • Underbody armor: Only company that makes some is RCI metal works.
  • On board air: After having to air up with my lil 12v vair compressor its def time to upgrade to something better and hard mounted
  • Dust Dust and more Dust. The back of the bed was caked with dust after Saturdays trail ride.. I'm going to be looking to have someone make an internal cover for the Lietner rack made out of canvas so I can remove it whenever I want.
  • Kitchen setup: Its time to upgrade my kitchen setup. new pots/ table / burner ect.

Now that my wife fully experience a overland trip without kids she is hooked making it a little easier to spend money on the rig to make it better.. that being said there is still a lot of $$$ that is going to have to be invested in the rig to get her finished.. this will be slow build to the finish.

hope you guys have enjoyed the build so far.. stay tuned for more to come....

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Our camping setup has changed in the last couple of years but our current setup seems to be on point. Our leitnerdesigns active cargo system with our cvttents makes for a great combo as well as being able to store most of our gear in our deckedusa drawers. Let's not forget our newest addition of our falkentire Wild Peak MT and our mercenaryoffroad front bumper....

Last edited:

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

Sweet rig, Raul - your F150 looks really good. Do you ever get into any tight spots that perhaps a fullsize shouldn't be?