Launch Member

Contributor II

Marion, VA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Schumaker
Member #

Just browsing and found the expo. It's in Arrington VA, Oct 11-13th.
$690 , vehicle, passenger and the full access to all programs.
$330 , vehicle, passenger, camping (dry), and weekend pass.
3 day pass- $65
Now there is free camping not too far in the Three Ridges Wilderness. I don't know about anybody else, but I'll be camping there. I'd rather buy a winch. I can recon some area where the OB group could muster up.

Reactions: ODOverland

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
Just browsing and found the expo. It's in Arrington VA, Oct 11-13th.
$690 , vehicle, passenger and the full access to all programs.
$330 , vehicle, passenger, camping (dry), and weekend pass.
3 day pass- $65
Now there is free camping not too far in the Three Ridges Wilderness. I don't know about anybody else, but I'll be camping there. I'd rather buy a winch. I can recon some area where the OB group could muster up.
Yeah I really don't want to throw my money to the big Overlanding machine lemme know what the recon brings

Last edited:

xterraRTB

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Bruce
Member #

Just bought my expo and weekend camping tickets for OverlandExpo East. Thursday through Monday.
Me, my wife and our dog are going. Best birthday present ever, getting well and going there!

ODOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Madison Heights, VA, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Purchased day tickets for Saturday.. this will be my first Expo and I cannot wait! I would be interested in camping if you guys end up doing that..

Schuie11

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Marion, VA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Schumaker
Member #

I am going to scout out some off site camping in the national forest. As we get closer I will put it up on the board. Personally, I am not going to pay those prices just to camp on site. I'd rather relax in the woods rather some hot, wet, or muddy field.

ODOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Madison Heights, VA, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Adams
Member #

There are some spots behind Crabtree Falls down Rt 151 not too far from the venue.. great hike for sunrise or sunset nearby.. and the falls if interested.. There is a fee campground near where I live which is about 30min from venue.. I am with you as much as I would love to be there and experience it that money could be used for other things for sure!

xterraRTB

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Robert
Last Name
Bruce
Member #

I heard about all of the parking problems that they had at Expo West in May and the mess that was Expo East last year. I decided that I would just camp onsite and only have to worry about it once and just walk to the expo presentations and vendor area.

Schuie11

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Marion, VA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Schumaker
Member #

Good point! But has prior Expos East Events have the same draw as the west version?

xterraRTB

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Robert
Last Name
Bruce
Member #

I don't think that there were quite the volume problems East as there were West. But due to the venue and the rain and mud, they even turned away some of the campers and sent a lot of people off to the shuttle parking for half to full hour waits. This year they moved to a new and hopefully better venue. But for me, better safe than sorry. Call me a wus if you want to but I try to avoid as many hassles as possible. I just want to relax and enjoy the Expo.