Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
FYI, the new venue for Expo East is supposed to be a huge improvement over the last one. Overland Bound will be there and hopefully schedule a meet-up that Saturday night like we had at Expo West. Standby for more details.
IMG_5508.JPG

Last edited:

l_vandyke

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dodgetown, NC, USA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Vandyke
Member #

I almost went to the expo east last year but ended up having to work. From what I saw it was an absolute muddy mess because we got hammered with rain all of 2018 here in NC. I’m only about 2.5 hours away from where the expo is this year so I’m probably gonna try to come up at least for a day

Reactions: Kent R

l_vandyke

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dodgetown, NC, USA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Vandyke
Member #

I am going to scout out some off site camping in the national forest. As we get closer I will put it up on the board. Personally, I am not going to pay those prices just to camp on site. I'd rather relax in the woods rather some hot, wet, or muddy field.
If you find any camping spots near by I’d appreciate you sharing. I’m probably gonna try to come up at least for one day

ODOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Madison Heights, VA, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Adams
Member #

This venue should be great.. I live pretty close by and they have been having a huge music festival the last few years with massive crowds and even with tons of rain I have not heard of any issues.. one word of caution the state police will most likely be out in force.. like I said I live about 25 minutes south in Lynchburg I know a good amount of free and paid campsites bear by if you want.. or good places to get a bite and some cold beer with great selections

ODOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Madison Heights, VA, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I have been thinking of getting a spot at Otter Creek thats near by. I know of some others that are a little further away and more out if you are interested. Anywhere from KOA to Primitive. I live near by so I was just thinking close to the venue but if others are going other places I am game for that.

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

I have been thinking of getting a spot at Otter Creek thats near by. I know of some others that are a little further away and more out if you are interested. Anywhere from KOA to Primitive. I live near by so I was just thinking close to the venue but if others are going other places I am game for that.
Better check if there is room. I hear most spots are booked up.

AlphaKiloOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Northern Michigan
First Name
Alex
Last Name
K
Member #

I'm definitely interested in meeting up with some members to camp! Otter Creek looks like about 45 minutes away which isn't too bad. If likely get in around Friday afternoon, expo Saturday and leave early Sunday.

Reactions: ODOverland

ODOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Madison Heights, VA, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I'm definitely interested in meeting up with some members to camp! Otter Creek looks like about 45 minutes away which isn't too bad. If likely get in around Friday afternoon, expo Saturday and leave early Sunday.
Its not a bad drive, you are on the Parkway.. just hop on 130 which is right there and it will bring you down to 29 in Madison Heights and its a straight shot North from there. I live in about 20 minutes from Otter Creek, and probably wont head in til Saturday morning, If you want to meet up at a Sheets or something. Probably going to go ahead and reserve a spot for Saturday night at Otter Creek.

Reactions: AlphaKiloOverland

AlphaKiloOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Northern Michigan
First Name
Alex
Last Name
K
Member #

Its not a bad drive, you are on the Parkway.. just hop on 130 which is right there and it will bring you down to 29 in Madison Heights and its a straight shot North from there. I live in about 20 minutes from Otter Creek, and probably wont head in til Saturday morning, If you want to meet up at a Sheets or something. Probably going to go ahead and reserve a spot for Saturday night at Otter Creek.
Sounds good to me, I'll probably reserve a site and order tickets today!

Reactions: ODOverland