Jon
Last Name
Pool
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7KXP
Service Branch
US Army
Hey y'all just joined up after stalking the forum for sometime. I've lived in Spokane for a little over 2 years now and I love it.

I'm a little new to the overlanding thing but I'm coming from an offroading background.
Welcome to the community.

chuckoverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Spokane, WA
Member #

Welcome! We have been here just over 2 years as well and Spokane is growing on us. Jeez its been a couple of months since the last meetup. Maybe time for another to welcome another new member?

Reactions: Haust

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
I keep missing the meetups, so I sure would like to actually meet the people behind the screen names.
Anyway Compared to the more serious off roading (Ive done that too, stuff like swapping 1 ton axles, double transfer cases, front and rear lockers, hydro assist steering...) overlanding is a breath of fresh air to me. Nobody will heckle you for turning back or taking the obstacle bypass. From those I have met overlanding is simply just about community and exploration. Hell theres even a sizable contingent here (me included) that prefer to park the rigs and make camp, and do the exploration on bicycles.

CurrentlyRockhoundin

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Goguen
Member #

I keep missing the meetups, so I sure would like to actually meet the people behind the screen names.
Anyway Compared to the more serious off roading (Ive done that too, stuff like swapping 1 ton axles, double transfer cases, front and rear lockers, hydro assist steering...) overlanding is a breath of fresh air to me. Nobody will heckle you for turning back or taking the obstacle bypass. From those I have met overlanding is simply just about community and exploration. Hell theres even a sizable contingent here (me included) that prefer to park the rigs and make camp, and do the exploration on bicycles.
We should plan a meet up.

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
I'm heading out for the Coyote Works trail ride next wee. Otherwise I am available.

Sandpoint Steve

Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
What are we talking about?
Lunch? Overnight? Trail ride?

chuckoverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Spokane, WA
Member #

Another member who just got back from deployment just posted in the Spokane Area BBQ thread, should we plan another one of those? That or trail run. We were too busy to get out much this year.

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Well for me I think trail run season is over. Thats one of the few things I miss about having a more serious 4x4. Anyway I would be down for a sunday lunch or something of that sort. Also I can ask Dale to poke his head in here.

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Oh and also since theres a few new guys here, if anyone need mechanical advise or help dont hesitate to shoot me a message. One of the greatest parts of groups like this is the community, and that means helping each other. As a professional mechanic I have a fair amount to offer a group like this and enjoying doing so.

Sandpoint Steve

Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
I'd need to drive it first to really understand the problem...

If it just screws on then maybe a good wrapping of Teflon tape would help.

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Any advice on fixing a loose shift knob on a 2008 mx-5?
Definitely need a test drive to fully understand the problem, lol...
It should just be a knob that threads onto the stick. If thats the case they will work loose over time and just needs to be tightened up, some lock tite will help it stay tight. Other wise it may be the style that has two halves and uses small screws to join the halves around the stick. In which case, just lock tite those guys and tighten em up...

Reactions: Sandpoint Steve

CurrentlyRockhoundin

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Goguen
Member #

Does anyone who's been around longer than me want to pick a day and time for a meet and greet? Check out rigs? ...etc.