US West East Bay Monthly Meet Up - Pleasanton Ridge regional park CA - AUGUST MEET up moved to Aug 20- OLD THREAD

• HTML tutorial

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Just fyi, there’s a prototype PullKitchen for sale. It’s red and has a few cosmetic blemishes but works great. We are discounting significantly for someone local. Sent me a private message if interested.

Dave025314A0-AD45-47A9-AF45-5D4350DD742E.jpeg31267F47-7C57-4CBE-8079-10AA1ACCE2DE.jpegAD7EB479-F8C0-471B-B5DA-34CC98D6C729.jpeg

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
OVERLAND BOUND EAST BAY MEETUP

Monthly Meet Up
Sunday September 11th, 2022 1-3pm
Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park (staging area)
9801 Foothill Rd
Sunol, CA 94586

Open House Sunday
This month will be a little different in that we will have an open house Sunday to show off your rig. One of our members mentioned that they had never been in a roof top tent before. So the goal of the meet up to bring your rig ready to show off and ready for guests. If you don’t want someone to sit inside just keep your doors closed, but maybe someone has wondered how spacious a Jeep is. If you are ok with having people check out your particular brand of RTT open it up, or your trailer built in, or your camper top. Often we watch videos but never have an idea of the reality to all the different vehicle configurations we ride in down the trail. So if you are willing to open up your rig it will be a fun day.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/east-bay-monthly-meet-up—pleasanton-ca.41199/

D884BE4B-4507-421A-BB9E-07AEE3050D43.jpeg

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Just a reminder that we have our meet up this Sunday. Bring your rig to display if you can! If comfortable, open up whatever aspect that you are comfortable having people explore as a great way to help others understand different build configurations.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Well that was a fun meet up today! I enjoyed sitting in a few rigs and seeing all the various builds we have in our area.
Thanks everyone for coming and also Michael @Michael
It was great to visit with everyone! Thank you Dave for an awesome event! i thought the Open Vehicle format was a great idea.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
OFF TO IDAHO

I want to let everyone know that Kelly and I are moving to North Idaho mid-October. I officially accepted a position with my company and will be relocating up to a place with “weather.”

I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know MOST of you and can’t believe our east bay meet up has almost 30 trips under its belt in the last 2.5 years. Things have come a long way since our first meeting at the pizza place in Pleasanton. Armin @TrailHawkGuy has officially stepped up to facilitate the meet ups to help with making sure things get posted. The success of this group has always been the result of good people coming together looking to have great adventures, and you have some great trips ahead! October has the Mojave Road trail clean up and November has Death Valley.

Sunday October 9th we are going to do a potluck for our meet up and this will be my last meet up with you guys! If you can make it come say goodbye! Kelly will be there too.

Second Sundays
October 9th 1-3pm
Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park parking lot
Sunol CA
Potluck day, come hungry with food to share!

My wife Kelly and I (I’m on the left)
AC50BABD-89A0-4FB7-9335-6F52F59E6BC6.jpeg

Overlooking the Spokane River in Coeur dAlene near our new home
EBAB9938-114B-400F-A460-AE1306B4EC40.jpeg

@Kent R @Michael @Corrie

RAMf1

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Castro Valley, Alameda County, California, United States
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Dave, it has been an adventure knowing you. Good times I’ll never forget… Not quite like where “Rocks Bend” in Titus Canyon… But, you know what I mean! Enjoy Beautiful Idaho… You gotta ride the Hiawatha Trail up there, 11 miles on a mountain bike all downhill…The Route of the Hiawatha Scenic Bike Trail (Official Website)

TrailHawkGuy

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Armin
Last Name
Pressler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GTZ
@PapaDave you and Kelly will be missed big time !!! So humbling to try to fill your spot.

All let’s make the next meetup a real farewell for Dave - we’ll have big potluck lunch so let get ready all to “pull your kitchen” and show Dave what a community he put together.

This meet will be at 12pm (noon) !!! (NOT 1pm) as exception.

Looking forward to see you all

Armin
@TrailHawkGuy
—-
Next Meetup
- Oct 9th - 12pm (noon) - @PapaDave send-off potluck

Upcoming trips
- Oct 14th - Mojave trail guardian - @Kent R
- Nov 3rd - DeathValley - @JReichert11

Last edited:

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

Dave, It has been my absolute pleasure and privilege getting to know you over the past years and call you a friend. I am sincerely appreciative of your mentoring, friendship, camaraderie and facilitating our meet-up's to make our group what it is today. Karen and I have enjoyed our trips with you and hope to reconnect in the future out in your new neck of the woods. We are most excited for you and your future. Wishing you and Kelly much success with your upcoming move and new opportunities! Who would have thought a chance encounter over used tires on Craigslist many years ago, would have led to our paths crossing at OB? Thanks and we'll see you on the 9th!

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

@PapaDave Its been great to have you here, you've help this group grow! I hope all the best for you there in Idaho!!! Its a great state and I have another friend who is there now looking at homes himself. Im sure our paths will meet again and heres to your next adventure! Sadly I will be on a trip next week so I will unfortunetly miss the farewell meet!

Gx460_Will

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
Che
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6OFX
Congrats @PapaDave on your new adventure. Thank you for everything you have done for this group, especially Kim and I, in helping bring overlanding from just talks to doing. Our rigs would be shiny sitting on our driveways without your rally points. Instead you lead us to adventures I would never have imagined, like being in 50mph gale winds at Usal Beach. Your leadership and bigger than life personality will be sorely missed.

OFF TO IDAHO

I want to let everyone know that Kelly and I are moving to North Idaho mid-October. I officially accepted a position with my company and will be relocating up to a place with “weather.”

I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know MOST of you and can’t believe our east bay meet up has almost 30 trips under its belt in the last 2.5 years. Things have come a long way since our first meeting at the pizza place in Pleasanton. Armin @TrailHawkGuy has officially stepped up to facilitate the meet ups to help with making sure things get posted. The success of this group has always been the result of good people coming together looking to have great adventures, and you have some great trips ahead! October has the Mojave Road trail clean up and November has Death Valley.

Sunday October 9th we are going to do a potluck for our meet up and this will be my last meet up with you guys! If you can make it come say goodbye! Kelly will be there too.

Second Sundays
October 9th 1-3pm
Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park parking lot
Sunol CA
Potluck day, come hungry with food to share!

My wife Kelly and I (I’m on the left)
View attachment 241275

Overlooking the Spokane River in Coeur dAlene near our new home
View attachment 241276

@Kent R @Michael @Corrie