US West East Bay Monthly Meet Up - Pleasanton Ridge regional park CA - AUGUST MEET up moved to Aug 20- OLD THREAD

• HTML tutorial

AlexAtWagan

Rank VI
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Fremont, CA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Hsu
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6AVD
Very nice! Looks like we took over your spot that Friday. We were one of only three other vehicles there. So great that it's much tougher to get up to Prewitt Ridge now. I saw a group coming back out from Plaskett Ridge who probably hit the gate. Good for us! It was nice to do a whole lot of nothing for sure.
Hey Alex!

I am thinking of heading out to Prewitt Ridge sometime soon, maybe even this weekend! I am hoping you can clarify the route you took to get there now that Nacimiento-Ferguson Road is closed. I am struggling to find Los Burros Road and how it connects back up to Prewitt Ridge. Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Bryce

The main path to take is up Los Burros Rd from hwy1. Use Gaia and connect the dots. Feel free to let me know if you have Qs

CemenTRDgen

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Quimby
Member #

I'll be camping at Gold Lake Aug 11-15 and plan to go hit some trails on Aug 13. Starting from Gold Lake 4x4 campground down to Deer Lake, and connect to the Sierra Buttes trail, continue to the Fire Lookout, and then down to Hwy 49 or possibly run it in reverse, starting at Hwy 49.
If anyone has made this drive or has any recomendations please let me know.
Here is the Rally point for reference:

Reactions: Advtres

4Low_Good_to_Go

Rank VII

Protector II

San Lorenzo, California, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6FTW
Service Branch
Navy Vet 1993-1997
A couple photos from the super organized and awesome trip to Colorado (Black Bear, Ophir, Hurricane!) - a huge thanks to @4Low_Good_to_Go and @IceIceBaby42 (including their crews!-hugs all around!) for supporting and contributing to this amazing community!

more pics here

View attachment 236646View attachment 236650View attachment 236643View attachment 236644View attachment 236647View attachment 236648View attachment 236649View attachment 236645
Awesome Pics!!!

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

A couple photos from the super organized and awesome trip to Colorado (Black Bear, Ophir, Hurricane!) - a huge thanks to @4Low_Good_to_Go and @IceIceBaby42 (including their crews!-hugs all around!) for supporting and contributing to this amazing community!

more pics here

View attachment 236646View attachment 236650View attachment 236643View attachment 236644View attachment 236647View attachment 236648View attachment 236649View attachment 236645
Awesome images!!! Thanks for sharing...next time I'm doing the WHOLE trip!

Reactions: Advtres

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Monthly Meet Up
Sunday August 14th, 2022 1-3pm
Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park (staging area)
9801 Foothill Rd
Sunol, CA 94586

This month we are discussing HAM radios out on the trail. @Slow Yota will be reviewing for us how to find a repeater, frequencies for emergencies, and how to best use them for our application. So bring your radios along and let’s learn how to use our tech more fully!

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Monthly Meet Up
Sunday August 14th, 2022 1-3pm
Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park (staging area)
9801 Foothill Rd
Sunol, CA 94586

This month we are discussing HAM radios out on the trail. @Slow Yota will be reviewing for us how to find a repeater, frequencies for emergencies, and how to best use them for our application. So bring your radios along and let’s learn how to use our tech more fully!7632882E-C049-48EC-AC9F-6CB3D08D6E5F.jpeg

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

The Fielding’s have started a lost -n-found collection; anyone leave behind a silver metal water bottle and a black erector-set collapsible chair, let me know…otherwise going to the highest bidder… there will be a transportation and sheltering fee imposed

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Just FYI, I am selling the DIY kitchen I made years ago, needs completing.
8C548E7D-7C99-4EF2-9BD5-E66A72B207C4.jpeg

Link to OLB ad

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
The Corral Hollow Trip is posted, limited spots due to camping space restrictions. Sept 24-25th
Jeff aka @JReichert11 is leading the trip, he’s the grand master, the party guru, the tip of the spear.

9C5736F8-EAAD-45E3-B058-B3FE92256C5B.jpeg

JReichert11

Rank VI
Investor

Expedition Master I

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Reichert
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6KWB
The Corral Hollow Trip is posted, limited spots due to camping space restrictions. Sept 24-25th
Jeff aka @JReichert11 is leading the trip, he’s the grand master, the party guru, the tip of the spear.

View attachment 238788

Looks like the trip is already full :)

If anyone is still interested in going just let me know and I'll put a waitlist together... Or just show up, I can't stop you :)