Do you really need heated seats and remote start?

• Thread starter Deleted member 43520
  • Start date
  • HTML tutorial

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

I have decided to go ahead and get the heated seats and steering wheel, and not get the adaptive cruise control and all the other safety sensor stuff that comes with that package. Thanks for everyone's input and advice! My new Wrangler Rubicon 4xe has been ordered and now I impatiently wait for it to be built and delivered! lol
Nice! What top did you order? Did you order the Rubicon or the Sahara?

2dub

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Moyock, NC
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Workman
My thoughts have evolved in terms of whats on the Needed list vs the nice to have list. Maybe it's getting older, maybe it's that I'm more economically stable. 5- 10 years ago I would have said no to most of the niceties. But now I'm more willing to have those things. I'm less into the roughing it and more into the enjoying it (not that you cant enjoy roughing it, because I certainly did) I think 2023 will be the year of a new rig for me and I intend on having some luxury items I would have turned my nose up to not too long ago.

It sounds silly, but I went out on a trail with a friend who has a 4 runner with push button start. The lack of the jingling of the keys was noticeably absent and I loved it. That is now on my list of things I want on my next vehicle.

• Love
Reactions: Ubiety and Tripin75

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
"Little traffic" fully negates adaptive cruise control.

I use cruise control all the time, adaptive cruise control adjusts your speed contingent on what the vehicle in front of you is doing.
True, that’s exactly what it does. In the 18 I used to drive and have since retired from, I hated that feature. I’d be coming down the northway, full load at 65 mph, and just as it’s time to pass a slow vehicle or pull a long grade, it’ll slow you down and take all your momentum away. Timing and spatial awareness are everything when gaining upon and setting yourself up to pass a slower vehicle. I overrode the cruise constantly.

Reactions: MegaBug and Road

MegaBug

Rank VII
Launch Member

Influencer II

Colwood, BC, Canada
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Agreed on the adaptive cruise taking away from your control of the driving experience. I have a '21 T4R and the pages in the owners manual of exceptions and possible errors was hilarious! I ENJOY driving and don't need the technology diluting my situational awareness.

Reactions: Desert Runner