• HTML tutorial

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

built this custom rack for my wj to hold my RTT.
square stock is 1x1 .120 wall, flat bar feet is 3" wide by 1/4" thick, flat bar on the roof is 3" wide by 1/8".

Tacking the rack onto the feet

Checking level

All feet tacked in

Rack sitting on the jeep.
Roughly 1" from the roof in the middle

Its off a little bit but meh

Driver side and the feet

Passenger side and feet

Lightbar tabs all welded on (passenger front)

Lightbar tabs (front)

Lightbar tabs (driver side)

Lightbar tabs (rear)

Tent resting on the rack, front just barely enough space for my lightbars lol

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
There is a kid down the street with a shopping cart zip tied to the roof of his Subi. To be fair, he did add a short section of chain and a dial combo pad lock to stop the thieves. I better take some pics of that. Lol

Reactions: timberwolf_120

LukeD

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Atascadero, Ca (Central Coast)
Member #

Thought I'd toss this creation into the mix based on the aluminum ATV ramps as the base. I needed light weight to go on my soon to be installed fiberglass top on my full length van.

Required 3 $100 ramps at 20% off so $240 in ramps and another $100 in flat bar, bolts, and rivets. No welding, used a harbor freight grinder with cutoff wheel to do all the cuts.

Still need to make up the mounts but its being bolted through the fiberglass top with back plates so going to use some 3/16th x 4" flat bar

Total weight is 85 lbs

2017-02-12 16.20.53.jpg
2017-02-12 16.21.10.jpg
2017-02-12 15.54.52.jpg

Glenn

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

New Tazewell, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Cote
Member #

Thought I'd toss this creation into the mix based on the aluminum ATV ramps as the base. I needed light weight to go on my soon to be installed fiberglass top on my full length van.

Required 3 $100 ramps at 20% off so $240 in ramps and another $100 in flat bar, bolts, and rivets. No welding, used a harbor freight grinder with cutoff wheel to do all the cuts.

Still need to make up the mounts but its being bolted through the fiberglass top with back plates so going to use some 3/16th x 4" flat bar

Total weight is 85 lbs

View attachment 16806
View attachment 16807
View attachment 16808
That's pretty slick ! Good idea and light on the weight...nice man !

Reactions: BobG