• HTML tutorial

TxTerra

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

prosper, tx
Member #

Im getting ready to take a trip out the Ozark National Forest to explore the overland trail out there. I was out there earlier this year in april, and found some spots that were very overgrown. I also traveled the K-Trail (kiamichi trail) in oklahoma twice earlier this year and had the pleasure of "pinstrip alley".

I was bored one day at work and decided i wanted to put together some limb risers. I dont have a front bumper with headlight guards yet, so i had to come up with a solution to mount the lower end of them.

I came up with the idea of using a antenna mount for the hood! this will serve two fold. Right now it will give me a point to mount my limb risers until i get a full bumper, and 2. it will give me a place to mount antennas for additional coms later on.

Next I had to assemble the cables. I went to home depot and purchased some 1/4" coated steel wire, some thimble kits, a few d-rings to make them easily removable, and some adjusters.

the completed setup!

I initially used some paracord i had laying around to make a loop around my roof basket, but it was only temporary. I picked up some 6.5 mm cording from a climbing shop and tied a prussic knot around the bars of the basket to make sure they do not slide around.

TxTerra

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

prosper, tx
Member #

they sure do. the tension tweaks them at a very slight angle, so it rubs just slightly, but doesnt obstruct the hood opening or closing at all

RedSheep

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member I

Harpersfield, NY
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Oakley
Member #

keep mine cheep and simple .. biggest down side is I should have used marine grade hardware as I needed to loosen the turn buckle to open the hood which is why I eventual stopped running them (well that and I got to the point where I cared less about body damage)

Attachments