Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Dorado County, CA, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Hoberman
Member #

most of us camp near water pretty often and the more i go out the more I am motivated to fish and I wanted a way to store my fishing poles outside the car. I made this for some 20$ at the local ace hardware. Holds 3 rods. it's not the prettiest but it works super well. i have a soft case for my reels that i leave in the rear underbay.

i lined the front end with some felt / foam i had laying around so the tips of the poles dont damage. i used the blue pvc glue to secure the end caps. the hose clamps are going to be covered in black shrink tubing eventually to make it look less removable and block the fasteners a little. 4 feet x 3 inch. i see a few forums suggesting conduit tubing for rod and reel storage but thats way too large for my space. you can use any size that fits your car. this is the perfect size for what i was trying to do.
1564421945807.png
1564422074789.png

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
most of us camp near water pretty often and the more i go out the more I am motivated to fish and I wanted a way to store my fishing poles outside the car. I made this for some 20$ at the local ace hardware. Holds 3 rods. it's not the prettiest but it works super well. i have a soft case for my reels that i leave in the rear underbay.

i lined the front end with some felt / foam i had laying around so the tips of the poles dont damage. i used the blue pvc glue to secure the end caps. the hose clamps are going to be covered in black shrink tubing eventually to make it look less removable and block the fasteners a little. 4 feet x 3 inch. i see a few forums suggesting conduit tubing for rod and reel storage but thats way too large for my space. you can use any size that fits your car. this is the perfect size for what i was trying to do.
View attachment 109739
View attachment 109740
I like that! Perfect for what you need it for! Great job

Reactions: Hobie01