Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Okay, I now have shop space lined up, so I will be setting something up asap.. I'm looking at Oct 19th and my shop is here: 32°56'12.6"N 97°19'51.9"W

I know, not super centrally located, but I'll keep the time on this open. There's plenty of parking and I will set up a grill and some tables inside the shop itself.

Rally-point coming soon!
Let me know if you would like me to bring anything to help out like food, plates, chairs, etc :)

Reactions: ctsmith

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

We are still having this tomorrow at Craig's shop right? Not much traffic for this forum lately so making sure

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I talked to him this week and he had to postpone it. He is going to get back to us when he has a solid date.
Ok thanks Rick! Wanted to make sure before driving over. Will let Hubble know as he was going to drive over after work. This month had a lot going on for everyone. Maybe we can do something before the holidays start up. This shouldn't all rest on Craig's shoulders anyway. What about that Northwest OHV park at Bridgeport. Anyone have any info on that place for day trip possibilities?

Reactions: Rick Schlepphorst

Arcbulldog

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

McKinney, TX, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Clennell
Member #

Ok thanks Rick! Wanted to make sure before driving over. Will let Hubble know as he was going to drive over after work. This month had a lot going on for everyone. Maybe we can do something before the holidays start up. This shouldn't all rest on Craig's shoulders anyway. What about that Northwest OHV park at Bridgeport. Anyone have any info on that place for day trip possibilities?
Glad I check if anyone what’s to meet up out side of any planned event we can still get together I don’t want us to loose interest and fizzle our.

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Glad I check if anyone what’s to meet up out side of any planned event we can still get together I don’t want us to loose interest and fizzle our.
Agreed. We can check different activity calendars or find things for quick weekend or day trips. Not everyone can come on Saturdays due to work so maybe also have open for meetings/lunch on Sundays?

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Agreed. We can check different activity calendars or find things for quick weekend or day trips. Not everyone can come on Saturdays due to work so maybe also have open for meetings/lunch on Sundays?
Will start checking around...I know Texas doesn't have much for trails but maybe we can find something

Rick Schlepphorst

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Roanoke, Texas, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Schlepphorst
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GMW
I was thinking about this toady, and wondered about a Group Site at a local state park. They usually have a cover, a grill, tables, etc. Ray Roberts for example has a site for $75 for the day, and if we all chipped in on the fee and split up the hot dogs and chips it would still cost less than lunch at a restaurant. Just an idea. I think ultimately a road trip to somewhere with camping involved would be awesome.

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I was thinking about this toady, and wondered about a Group Site at a local state park. They usually have a cover, a grill, tables, etc. Ray Roberts for example has a site for $75 for the day, and if we all chipped in on the fee and split up the hot dogs and chips it would still cost less than lunch at a restaurant. Just an idea. I think ultimately a road trip to somewhere with camping involved would be awesome.
There was another forum made for the October meet up (now cancelled) called DFW Monthly Recurring Overland Bound Meeting- Member Bbq. So I guess the names change and will have to keep a look out. I think the park is a great idea and temperatures will be nice for a few more weeks. :)

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

We would be in to meet at the park to cookout and visit with everyone. Would just need to get word out to others

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Will start checking around...I know Texas doesn't have much for trails but maybe we can find something
I know some spots we could hit in Oklahoma that are part of the Oklahoma Adventure Trail. Theyre not challenging trails or anything but theres some spots se could setup like a big camp site.

Theyre about 2 to 3 hours north east of Dallas.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Let me do some digging through my old tracks and I'll drop the links to Google Maps.

Reactions: Wilson123

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Let me do some digging through my old tracks and I'll drop the links to Google Maps.
Thanks! I know we will be working a lot of Saturday mornings up until December but are up to meet at park or Broken Bow area Saturday evening. Can camp out Saturday night and do trails Sunday. With notice can get off on a Monday to camp out Sunday night.

Reactions: Downs

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign