Roanoke, Texas, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Schlepphorst
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GMW
Rick, what are you doing the weekend of the 16th?
I think we are doing Thanksgiving that weekend. I work in retail and have to work actual Thanksgiving Day plus all weekends in December. I think my next camping excursion may end up being in 2020.

atomicode

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Plano, TX, USA
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Morris
Member #

OK. I'll plan to drive up the morning of the 16th and camp overnight. I may bring some family and friends as well, and of course dogs. There were cattle free roaming in the area which is interesting when they graze nearby when I was last there in June.

Reactions: Wilson123

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

OK. I'll plan to drive up the morning of the 16th and camp overnight. I may bring some family and friends as well, and of course dogs. There were cattle free roaming in the area which is interesting when they graze nearby when I was last there in June.
Sounds good! We should get there by 4:45-5 on the 16th.

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
And then there's the fire tower area on the K Trail. Two tiered area with enough room for a bunch of vehicles. May have to stack some rocks to level out though.
That is private property now. Only the area inside of the NF is legal anymore....unless you own/lease or have been invited by land owners.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
That is private property now. Only the area inside of the NF is legal anymore....unless you own/lease or have been invited by land owners.
I was there may of this year and theres none zero signage, no fences, not even purple paint or ribbion to signify anything is private property up there. West from the fire tower is a few abandoned structures but theyre fenced and have signage.

I know the k trial west of the Indian Hwy has been appropriated by whatever company is bulding the big wind farm. I know the K trail east of the Indian Hwy is not USFS land anymore but thought the road was still treated like any other public road.

I dunno if thats all private land now the owners dont seem real intent on keeping people out [emoji2369]

Dualsportrider

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Rizzo
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
NA
oh well as the US becomes more communist there'll be no more private property, It will all be "the peoples" property.

• Haha
Reactions: Laud

Dualsportrider

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Rizzo
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
NA
Hopefully good weather then too. That's the bad part about camping you almost have to wait until the week you want to camp to decide. I hate warm weather while camping.

Reactions: Wilson123