Rank 0

Contributor I

Silver Spring, Maryland
First Name
Petr
Last Name
Vojar
Oops, wonder why the link disappeared.

You can copy paste this description into Amazon search.

QUAKEWORLD 3 Inch 16w Led Driving Fog Light Cube Pods Spot Lights Mounting Brackets w/Remote Switch DT Wiring Harness Fit 2014-2017 POLARIS RZR XP 1000 trail 2015-2017 RZR 800S 900 Ranger 12v-24v

PeTas

Rank 0

Contributor I

Silver Spring, Maryland
First Name
Petr
Last Name
Vojar
I know this might have nothing to do with the pics, but Facebook has been acting weird all day, I cannot see pictures from people I normally see.

PeTas

Rank 0

Contributor I

Silver Spring, Maryland
First Name
Petr
Last Name
Vojar
I am, mind you the oldest one I have is only a year old. I like their customer service, their innovation and the build quality. They make different covers for their lights, that I use for protection. I also like that you can switch out the optics, without having to replace your lights. I've never had a problem with them and they are holding up really well under the all-weather conditions.
That is very good customer orientated business then. Today's businesses (not all of them) are very sweet to you before they get your money, after that they act like they never seeing you in their entire existence :D

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Pods like that shouldn't be used for reverse lights. They are WAY too bright for normal reverse use on the street and are very unsafe for other drivers unless they are angled way down.

You can connect them to your cargo/bedlight switch and use them for camping and off-road pretty effectively or wire them up to a dedicated switch. For normal campsite and off-road use even the cheap $12-$30 units from Amazon work very well. I wouldn't recommend the cheap ones for forward facing light where distance and max brightness are more critical, however.

Reactions: YETI X

PeTas

Rank 0

Contributor I

Silver Spring, Maryland
First Name
Petr
Last Name
Vojar
I was thinking the same thing, that they maybe too bright for reverse. The idea of connecting them to the cargo light is good. I was thinking also about the "Blade LED light bar", any inputs about that?
Thank you!

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Started off seeing how I would mount the Onx6+ light bar under the low tube and it won’t work to my liking. I want the light to sit behind the tube, so that the light isn’t the furthest projection, which would take the first hit. In my thinking I’d lose one of the main functions of the tube if it wasn’t going to take the first hit. The Onx6+ is much beefier than the S8. It is taller and deeper. I’m going to see if Baja Designs will let me switch it out for a 20” S8, might go with a curved version over the straight.

On another note I installed the rear lights into the bumper. Popping out the covers is straight forward, the plastic covers are held on with adhesive, using the handle of a hammer I as able to knock them out on three sides, and pull the top portion off with my hands. Removing the u-nut took some effort. Basically I figured out using a strong screwdriver with a hammer, I went in between the two steel pieces surrounding the bottom portion, to push it forward. Once the end was past the hole, I used the screwdriver to push it as forward as possible, then, used the screwdriver and hammer on the top to push it all the way off. The second time I did it in two major minutes, the first time took me forever to figure out.

I used the Baja Design squadron lights recommended by AEV, no matter which way I mounted them to the brackets, I couldn’t get them flush with the rear of the bumper. Trust me I tried mounting them every way, including mounting the lights to the upside down bracket. I finally got close and realized the clear accessory covers would get me as close as possible. If you are using the BD lights check out the pics below to see ho I mounted them to the brackets, note that I reversed the BD bracket to get the light closer.

I spoke with Baja Designs today, they will take back the OnX6+ light bar and Wire harness and give me credit. They were very understanding and nice about all my questions, etc. They make 10 foot extensions for the Squadrons when mounting them in the rear bumper, so I will order those once I get this stuff returned.
You could grind out the light mounting hole so it is slotted then you can mount the lights flush by pulling them towards bumper and tightening them down where you want

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Thank you, I only do it because a lot of gay folks are unsure if they are welcome or if they are the only one. At Expo East last year I had a person come up and thank me.
That's so cool! This is a welcoming and inclusive community. No one should feel unwelcomed for being themselves. :)