Pikeville, Kentucky
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Pruitt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4JNQ
Not sure if I'll be able to make it that weekend yet. Sounds like a lot of fun though. I have a .GPX file of the DBBB that i got from GAIA GPS cloud. I have attached it for download below. Haven't had a chance to test it, but it lines up on the map with the small stretches I have done before.

Attachments

Last edited:

Revere

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, Kentucky
Member #

Not sure if I'll be able to make it that weekend yet. Sounds like a lot of fun though. I have a .GPX file of the DBBB that i got from GAIA GPS cloud. I have attached it for download below. Haven't had a chance to test it, but it lines up on the map with the small stretches I have done before.
Thanks, that shows the whole loop nicely. I think the best thing to do would be to start at the north side on Spaas Creek (via Nada Tunnel?) then Pumpkin Hollow, and work our way around counter clockwise. We can end the day going off a small detour to an overlook near Cave Fork Road at the south end. The eastern side of the loop isn't as good (in my opinion), but Sky Bridge and Natural Bridge are worth checking out.

Reactions: Clint1911

Clint1911

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kentucky
First Name
Clint
Last Name
Diven
Member #

What GPS app would you all recommend?

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Sierrahotel83

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington, Kentucky
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Shrock
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4HVZ
I will be interested in at least going to the meet and greet, but with not having an off road capable vehicle that is about all I will be good for.

Sierrahotel83

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington, Kentucky
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Shrock
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4HVZ
Honestly I was hoping someone would offer. I am new to all this, off-roading and so forth. I figured by getting involved with a community like this while I am still running around in a car I would be able to meet people and learn more about the off-road aspect

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

dj_mccomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Louisville, KY
First Name
DJ
Last Name
McComas
Member #

Has anyone posted the Rally point in the Midwest or Southeast Facebook groups? I can post it in them if not.