Pikeville, Kentucky
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Pruitt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4JNQ
I am 90% sure I am not going to be able to make it because of family commitments. Y'all better post a bunch of photos here so the rest of us can see what a good time you have.

Reactions: Revere

Revere

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, Kentucky
Member #

How about a stock 4Runner?
You won’t have any problems.

Any high clearance vehicle will be fine - things like stock 4Runners, Grand Cherokees, XTerras, etc. Things like a stock Ford Escape, Honda CRV, Subarus, etc. will make it, but will rub and hit the underside. I’ve watched all three of them do it!

The only damage you can expect is pin-striping on the paintwork. It’s pretty much guaranteed. Any body damage is extremely unlikely. If anyone is uncomfortable we can always turn around. We'll have seats available too. I know how it is being new to going off road - the first time I went off road we went over some MASSIVE rocks and ruts. The next time I went that route and they were much smaller than I remembered!

The trails I have planned are all featured in my YouTube playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkbCzZbWEKXzYF0OKBK9jakCXBX8qDmkL

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited:
Reactions: dj_mccomas

Sierrahotel83

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington, Kentucky
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Shrock
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4HVZ
I’m looking forward to checking this out, then I am gonna have to drag my sisters fiancé out sometime, get him to actually get his Taco muddy

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: dj_mccomas

dj_mccomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Louisville, KY
First Name
DJ
Last Name
McComas
Member #

So I've done part of Spaas creek, it's pretty mild to be honest. I think this is going to be an awesome time.

Reactions: Revere

WillyGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Salem, IN
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Sorry, another question. Are we using Callie's Camp as a base camp for both nights or a different location the second night?